We’ve started the work on the Suffragette Garden that needs an overhaul. The blind Narcissi in the first photo are now out and the ground ready for planting.
2. The ground is already for planting…..
3. …… and the Hebes are in, ‘Baby Marie’ which will grow to 40 cms and I hope, in time, they will make a little hedge. The have white flowers but the buds are tinged with purple so will be perfect for this garden.
4. I was given these bulbs for Christmas a few years ago but nothing happened and I had forgotten all about them. This year, here they are in the little wall garden and I don’t know what they are called. Help, anyone?
5. The Narcissi are brightening up a dark corner. I’m hoping Storm Freya, which is on its way won’t beat them down.
6. Now for something completely different! It is St Piran’s Day here in Cornwall and our little town celebrates with a parade and hundreds of daffodils – in every shop window, in lapels, as decoration. It’s great fun!
Our Miner, all decorated
In the Butter Market
For others in the Six on Saturday challenge, please visit the Propagator where gardeners from all over the world add links in the comments.