Rarebit Stuffed Peppers
- 2 peppers – choose your colours to suit. I used red and orange.
- 50g Basmati and Wild rice
- 125g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 teasp Mustard powder
- 1 teasp Marmite or Worcester sauce
- medium red onion, chopped small
- butter or oil to fry the onion bits
- garlic pepper or just pepper
- no salt if your cheese is quite salty as ours was
How to do it
- First, put your oven on at 190C or 170C fan
- Boil your rice and put it to cool
- Meanwhile, cut your peppers in half, de-seed and put in a baking tray. brush with a little oil. Cook for 15 mins
- Now, fry the chopped onions in butter or oil until soft, a bit browned if you like
Beat up your eggs and then stir in the other ingredients.
- Fill the pepper halves with the rarebit mixture
- Cook for another 15 mins
- Place under a hot grill if necessary to brown the tops.