Jamie’s Quick Chocolate Cake
- 200g nuts (any you have around) I used flaked almonds and cashews.
- 200g cocoa powder ( I may have written this down wrong as that is almost a whole tin! I reduced this to 50 g and it worked well. Perhaps it should have been 200g chocolate!!)
- 200g butter
- 200g flour (Jamie said any. I used SR)
- 200 mls milk (I used skimmed)
- 200g sugar (Jamie says any kind. I used soft brown and only 150g as that seemed enough – it worked well)
How to do it
- Set the oven at 180C
- Line a 20cm tin
- Whizz the nuts alone first in a food processor
- Add the dry ingredients
- Keep the lid on and add the milk through the tube
- It will be very thick and gloopy
- Put into lined tin and smooth over the top
- Cook in the middle of the oven for only 18 minutes
- It will be crisp around the edges and wobbly in the middle.
- Grate some chocolate on top while it is hot.
- Serve warm with cream or ice-cream. It is AMAZING!