Smoked Salmon and Prawn Stack
This is really quick and easy and yet looks really special. Best of all it is delicious!
All amounts depend on you and how many you are making! The following is good for two stacks using rings of 7cms diameter and 3 1/2 cms deep. (50% fat creme fraiche works better and tastes better that the 3%)
Small prawns about 125g
Smoked salmon trimmings about 120g
Equal quantities of low fat creme fraiche and low fat mayonnaise (or full fat of both if you don’t have to watch the calories!) I used 2 generous tbsps of each
Fresh or dried dill, chopped finely reserving a few fronds for decoration
Wild Rocket leaves and lemon slices to serve
How to do it
- Mix the creme fraiche, mayonnaise and dill to make a thick mixture. They each thicken up when mixed together
- Drain the prawns well and add to the mixture.
- Stir up well so that all the prawns are covered.
- Break up or cut up the smoked salmon trimmings.
- Put the ring on your serving plate and carefully put a thin layer of salmon on the bottom.
- Put a layer of the prawn mixture on top of the salmon.
- Add another layer of salmon.
- Lastly, add another layer of prawns.
- Put to chill for at least half an hour.
- To serve, add a few bits of reserved salmon on top; add a few Wild Rocket leaves and a curled lemon slice.
- Carefully lift the ring directly off the stack. It is very well-behaved and won’t collapse on you.
- You can layer the salmon and prawns in whatever way you like. If you don’t have as much salmon, just use it as the base.
If you find this useful, please click like and/or comment. Feedback is always helpful. Thank you.