Sweet Potato Pancakes for Breakfast
We love Pancakes for breakfast and when I read this recipe, I thought it would be worth trying and they were delicious! They can be served with fruit, maple syrup and creme fraiche as a sweet breakfast or with bacon and maple syrup or perhaps smoked salmon for a savoury treat.
120 g sweet potato (bake this the day before, microwave or oven, and weigh out the amount for the morning)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teasp baking powder
1/4 teasp turmeric
1/2 teasp cinnamon if using as sweet pancakes
a little butter to fry in
How to do it
- Mash the weighed out sweet potato until fairly smooth.
- Add the beaten eggs and mix well
- Add the dry ingredients and stir well to mix thoroughly
- Melt the butter in a frying pan
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture into the hot butter, flattening them out a little. I did 4 at a time.
- Fry for 4-6 mins until set and golden underneath and turn carefully to fry the other side for about 5 mins.
- Serve with chosen toppings.
These make a very satisfying (and pretty) breakfast! I shall try them with raisins in the mixture too.