St Uny Engine House, The Heligan Giant and The Mud Maid

12 Jun

We have had the most beautiful day today! First we had a walk along the Flat Lode Trail to find a tin mine for Jake and this afternoon we went off to The Lost Gardens of Heligan to find the Giant and the Mud Maid.

I’m going to tell it through photos – enjoy! Click on the first one and then click the arrows on the right to get the whole story.

And now they’ve gone home and the house feels very quiet and empty!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

23 responses to “St Uny Engine House, The Heligan Giant and The Mud Maid

1. Russel Ray Photos

June 24, 2012 at 10:42 am

Ooooooooooooh, I like the Giant.

2. thoughtsfromanamericanwoman

June 13, 2012 at 10:37 pm

What a fascinating place indeed! ~Patty

June 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm

It is! If you ever visit Cornwall you should go there. 🙂

• thoughtsfromanamericanwoman

June 15, 2012 at 9:23 pm

I should have thought Cornwall, I have always been intrigued with Cornwall. Beautiful place!

3. Jeannie

June 13, 2012 at 5:49 pm

What a beautiful last day together! Lovely pictures of your family!!

June 13, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Thank you so much. Jake stayed awake the whole 5 hours and didn’t stop talking about the Giant and the Mud Maid! 🙂

4. dilipnaidu

June 13, 2012 at 4:30 pm

All the pictures are so beautiful and more so with the children exploring and enjoying!
    Thanks for sharing.

June 13, 2012 at 6:50 pm

So glad you liked the pictures. It’s very quiet now they’ve all gone home – but they’ll be back in a month. 🙂

5. Promenade Claire

June 13, 2012 at 9:42 am

Somewhere I’ve never been to, but would love to visit – Heligan. I loved the mud maid but I think Jake nd the Gunnera is my favourite!

June 13, 2012 at 12:55 pm

He was quite amazed at the size of the leaves and that he could hide underneath. Heligan is really so magical. 🙂

6. Flowerpot

June 13, 2012 at 8:43 am

I love that Mineral Tramway walk – haven’t been to Heligan for years though!

June 13, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Heligan was wonderful, especially because Jake has the story book of The Giant and we were able to find all the elements of the story so it all came alive for him. It was very precious indeed. 🙂

7. Don Scrooby

June 13, 2012 at 7:16 am

What a wonderful day it must have been. Just love the giant.

June 13, 2012 at 8:20 am

Isn’t he wonderful? We’d been reading Jake the picture book that has been written about him so discovering all the things from the book was magical. 🙂

8. niasunset

June 12, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Oh dear Sally what a beautiful place… seems that it was a wonderful day for you all. I loved your photographs, especially I want to say I love your country and your green and natural places… Fascinated me these art works in there, you are amazing people, Thank you, with my love, nia

June 12, 2012 at 9:44 pm

So glad you enjoyed it all, dear Nia. We are lucky to have such a green country. We are very lucky, too, that the people who made these beautiful sculptures are our neighbours! They sometimes make beautiful things in their front garden and we can watch! 🙂

9. Choc Chip Uru

June 12, 2012 at 8:55 pm

What a gorgeous day out my friend, thank you for sharing! 🙂
    Wonderful memories made!