Sunset

18 Dec

First photo driving home from Truro and catching the view of Carn Brea from Station Hill,  Redruth, just as the sun slipped below the horizon, on a long zoom:

Carn Brea at sunset

Then as the sky turned pink, from the back bedroom window:

Tonight’s sunset

Tags: ,

8 responses to “Sunset

1. Arkenaten

December 19, 2017 at 9:58 am

And on a completely unrelated topic….

My dad – who was born in Newquay – used to love to slip into the Cornish Vernacular every now and then and these days I occasionally tease him with it, using a phrase such as ”’Ello there, my ‘andsome!” when we are on the phone.
    My Auntie Barbara still has that distinct Cornish ‘twang’ (if you will forgive the term), which I love, by the way, and over dinner the other evening ( we were talking about Cornwall and Scrumpy) my daughter asked if all Cornish people speak like this?
    I said, I imagine so, but I would ask you!

December 19, 2017 at 11:50 am

Cornish people do and it’s lovely. I love the accent and the dialect words. I grew up here but then spent 40 years in Yorkshire so I sound more Northern, so I am told by people here and the reverse when I am in the North! There is a resurgence in people learning the Cornish language, even taking exams! My choirs sing a few songs in Cornish though many of them are from out of county.
      Nadelik Lowen to you and yours (Happy Christmas in Cornish. 🙂 )

• Arkenaten

December 19, 2017 at 12:10 pm

So you are more ”Emmerdale Farm”, rather than Tin Miner’s daughter, then, Sally?
        🙂

Merry Christmas to you and yours’ …

Did you see the snow over on Tish Farell’s blog in Much Wenlock?

December 19, 2017 at 3:45 pm

Thank you for the link to Tish Farell’s blog. I enjoyed my visit and loved all the snow. We had our snow fix in Norfolk last week and are unlikely to see any more now that we are back in Cornwall.
          Merry Christmas to you and yours too. 🙂

December 19, 2017 at 7:20 am

beautiful with the Carn Brea silhouette.

December 18, 2017 at 11:39 pm

Tonight’s sunset was glorious. I was watching it through my window for ages (and went outside to take a few shots, as you do). So many layers of so many colours. Nice one of Carn Brea.

Liked by 2 people

December 19, 2017 at 8:08 am

Aren’t we lucky? The sunset was even better than my camera managed to catch and the colours were all around the house, not just in the West – beautiful! Very glad you enjoyed it too. 🙂