Marmalade, Lily and A New Outfit

04 Aug

We ran out of home-made Marmalade but had 700g of Sevilles frozen so we spent the morning making Marmalade, remembering my lovely Dad, as always, as he was the marmalade maker throughout my childhood and beyond.

One of the white Lilies opened this morning – very beautiful.

The stall nearest to me yesterday was Love Betty where Kate sells up-cycled clothes, new items made from old ones and I bought one. ย

The top part is bluer than it looks here, the ‘white’ panels are pale green and the whole thing, made from five items, is very pretty.

Tags: , , , ,

8 responses to “Marmalade, Lily and A New Outfit

August 6, 2019 at 7:21 pm

What a great top, so much for super recycling๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜

2. Sandra

August 5, 2019 at 1:15 pm

What a lovely selection of beautiful things. My lilies have just opened too – withstanding a downpour right now! (I very much enjoyed Jeremy Visick – mention of your father reminded me to tell you. It will appear on my own blog eventually ๐Ÿ™‚ )

August 5, 2019 at 1:50 pm

The Lilies, like the Agapanthus seem to withstand the rain and even the wind better than many other things in the garden.
      I’m glad you enjoyed Jeremy Visick. Given the anniversary of Peterloo , you might also enjoy another of Dad’s books, Thimbles. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Sandra

August 5, 2019 at 6:30 pm

Thank you, I’ll look out for Thimbles ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Arkenaten

August 4, 2019 at 9:21 pm

I will be making a new batch of marmalade in a week or two – my trees are bursting with fruit – and am going to use your recipe.

August 5, 2019 at 5:47 am

I am so envious of your fruit tree trees! Enjoy your making and your breakfasts. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Arkenaten

August 5, 2019 at 8:00 am

I shall. I’ll try to remember to post pics and I will acknowledge credit where it’s due!