A Visitor, Hydrangea and Cake

12 Jul

Our resident Toad called by again this morning.

Common Toad

Hydrangeas are coming into bloom. I love the lilac, white and green in this emerging flower.

Hydrangea

A couple of days ago I read a cake recipe that sounded good so I saved it, bought the ingredients and this afternoon have made it. It had no name so here is the Lemon, Apple and Ricotta Cake.

Tags: , ,

11 responses to “A Visitor, Hydrangea and Cake

1. Mama Cormier

July 13, 2018 at 6:17 pm

I can taste the cake just from the description of the ingredients. Yummy!

July 13, 2018 at 9:03 pm

That’s what I thought when I read the recipe – and it turned out to be just so. šŸ™‚

2. GodGirl

July 12, 2018 at 9:00 pm

That cake looks amazing!!

3. Val

July 12, 2018 at 8:45 pm

And does the toad have a hall? šŸ™‚

Your cake looks nice. I don’t have a working oven so have to use an air fryer, one day I must find out if I can bake cakes in it…

July 26, 2018 at 5:30 am

I don’t know what an air fryer is…. a microwave of some kind? I haven’t spotted the Toad’s hall anywhere but I hope he has a splendid one somewhere in our garden so that he is a resident rather than a visitor. šŸ™‚

• Val

July 29, 2018 at 12:29 pm

This is an air fryer. šŸ™‚ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_fryer

Yep, a resident toad would be nice.

July 29, 2018 at 6:03 pm

Thank you for that. I have never heard of such but I expect they will be in the Kitchen shop if I look for them.
          On toads: I was reminded of the following story recently. When my Father was diagnosed with a terminal cancer in 2004, I asked him if I could record the stories that he has always told us so that is what we did. I haven’t been able to listen until very recently and the first story I heard was about a toad. Apparently, I once found one at the front door and thinking it was a frog, took it down to the steam at the bottom of the Trehaddle valley. Two days later, he was back – where he really wanted to be! šŸ™‚

• Val

July 29, 2018 at 10:49 pm

Oh, that’s lovely! šŸ™‚

I, too, persuaded my dad to record his stories (his memoirs, really) though he made me promise that they were just for myself and my sister, which is fine. But now that my own memory if getting so bad, it’s nice having them for when I want to listen.

We found a toad on our doorstep one night a few years ago. My husband said it was the one from London and it’d hopped all the way to see us. We now live in Wales. šŸ™‚

July 30, 2018 at 6:36 am

Family memories are so very special. I’m glad you have recordings too – and a toad story! šŸ™‚

4. ksbeth