Earth Day 2015, Seeds Sprouting and Planning

22 Apr

Today is World Earth Day and a friend sent me a quiz to see which animal I might have been. Turns out I would have been a Wooly Mammoth!    “So unique, you’re technically extinct. But on the bright side, scientists hope to be able to clone you some day!”  Do try the quiz (click on the red link) and let me know in the comments which animal you are!
On a more serious note, Earth Day aims to inspire awareness of and appreciation for the Earth. Typical ways of observing Earth Day include planting trees, picking up litter, promoting recycling and conservation. It is also a day for reinforcing our call for stronger or immediate action to stop global warming and to reverse environmental destruction.

To mark the day, I have spent the morning in the garden, tending our little bit of the Earth and admiring the blowsy tulips. I am delighted to  see my flower seeds sprouting. The strongest ones are the Cornflowers.

Sprouting flower seeds

Sprouting flower seeds

White tulips

White tulips

This afternoon, I have met a young couple to finalise their Wedding Ceremony which I am performing for them on Saturday. What a privilege it is to spend time with happy, loving people who are about to embark on the rest of their life together. Every one of these Ceremonies that I do is unique to the couple and as such, is especially moving and significant. This one will be in English and Swedish!

Tags: , ,

17 responses to “Earth Day 2015, Seeds Sprouting and Planning

1. whichwaynow101

April 24, 2015 at 8:46 am

Love watching them grow, don’t you?

2. valeriedavies

April 23, 2015 at 4:34 am

I am also a mantis shrimp… mysterious and beautiful — I won’t tell you the rest !!!!

April 24, 2015 at 6:34 am

Mysterious and beautiful sounds good to me. Better than being extinct! 🙂

3. calvin

April 22, 2015 at 9:53 pm

Am coral! Which I might add am cool with. But, it all falls apart after that with this, ‘Your hidden beauty attracts many suitors. Also, did you know you were an animal?!’ I may be an animal but not of the party variety -that is my story and am sticking with it as they say.

Happy Earth Day, lycklig jorddag !!!

Tulip, I had the black version for one year, then the squirrels ran off with the bulbs before the next bloom. Your white is better. Actually really don’t like black blossoms of anything, just my preference. Hope I didn’t offend any cultivators out there that might read your posts.

April 23, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Coral? That’s an interesting one! I do have some dark purple tulips in my Suffragette garden but I have never seen black ones. I think they would be interesting but not for me either. 🙂

4. Susan L.

April 22, 2015 at 7:24 pm

I am a Pangolin ~ an animal I’d never heard of before!
    I spent the morning in my garden, cleaning up the debris I didn’t get to last Fall. The grape hyacinths are just up. It felt so good to be out there!

April 23, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Nor me! I shall have to go and look him up. I love Grape Hyacinths, such lovely blues. 🙂

5. Sharon -

April 22, 2015 at 6:12 pm

I haven’t heard of earth day but I have a great way to celebrate it. I think a quick browse online for some eco friendly yarn would be just the thing! 🙂

6. Shelagh

April 22, 2015 at 5:49 pm

ROTFLOL! I am a Mantis Shrimp.

7. dianasschwenk

April 22, 2015 at 5:40 pm

Ok I had to do it again and with one question answered differently, according to what I would do if I could, I got:

You’re a red-capped manakin!

You love to dance and you dance to love–preferably on a branch unobstructed by other vegetation. Now that’s more like it!

8. dianasschwenk

April 22, 2015 at 5:37 pm

I’m a pangolin! The practical sort, you know just when to curl up into a ball to thwart predators.

It doesn’t feel like me, but I did answer the questions by my current reality and not my natural inclinations. ❤ Happy Earth Day!
    Diana xo