Bluebell Lane, Broccoli and A Very Big Moon

05 May

1   Had a beautiful drive down a little Cornish lane lined with drifts of bluebells.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

2  Made a simple supper with beautiful purple sprouting broccoli a la Spring Simplicity but I left out the garlic because of tomorrow’s wedding and added some very crisply fried bacon – delicious! Thank you, Promenade Plantings for the inspiration.

Purple sprouting broccoli

3   The moon tonight is full and looks huge! I’m told that’s because it’s closer to the Earth than usual. It is certainly very beautiful.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

11 responses to “Bluebell Lane, Broccoli and A Very Big Moon

1. dhphotosite

May 6, 2012 at 7:56 pm

A pretty lane to meander down….never saw purple broccoli before but I bet it is tasty! to much cloud cover to see the moon last night but maybe we will get lucky tonight…I see sun finally!

2. chefconnie

May 6, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Thanks for sharing your lovely walk and lovely broccoli.

May 9, 2012 at 7:26 am

Sorry it’s taken a while to reply – just found this in the spam. Glad you liked the walk and, yes, the broccoli was beautiful – to look at and to eat! 🙂

3. mybeautfulthings

May 6, 2012 at 9:36 am

It is, indeed, a gorgeous lane, one that I have to go down each Spring – and the bluebells get blue-er and blue-er! 🙂
    You’re welcome! Thank you for the initial recipe 🙂

4. Choc Chip Uru

May 5, 2012 at 10:31 pm

A beautiful walk and a beautiful meal with purple broccoli – seems almost magical 😀

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

May 6, 2012 at 9:25 am

It kind of was – thank you for spotting the link between the beautiful purply things! Hope your weekend is going well – or is it over? Time and 🙂 place have never been my strength!

5. Cara Olsen

May 5, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Lovely purple broccoli! It actually looks a lot like lavender to me. And yes! I heard the same. The moon is closer than it will be all year! It’s a nice clear night here, too, so I think we will get a wonderful view.

Happy Mooning 🙂

May 6, 2012 at 9:28 am

I hope you did get as good a view as we did. I really need a better camera to be able to take moon pictures – or perhaps a tripod. 🙂

6. promenadeplantings

May 5, 2012 at 9:38 pm

The bluebells are beautifl, what a lovely walk.
    And thanks for the shout out, I like your addition of bacon, it sounds yumcious

May 6, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Thanks for the tag! We’re off to London for a week but I will get to it asap. I loved reading your answers to the questions – I don’t know lots of those things about people I see in person!:)