Gwennap is the village where my Dad based one of his novels, inspired by a gravestone in the Churchyard. Today we drove down there, parked outside the church and walked some of the route of the novel, alongside the stream, where, in the novel, “Jeremy Visick”, Matthew’s father washed his car, up the lane at the side of the Churchyard where Matthew picked blackberries, beside the avenue of yew trees and it was such a lovely walk. It was almost silent apart from the hum of bees and the gurgling of the little stream – the most peaceful walk we have had in months meeting not another soul. Join us along that walk and into the little village.
Search for beauty
- St Piran’s Day, Allotment and A Bit of Treasure
- Guest Artist, Celtic Cross and Mud Maid
- Raindrops, Love and LiveWires
- Special Messages, Friendship and Crocuses
- Mindful March, Camellia and Cake
- Allotment, Now and Then, and Supper
- Full Moon, Solar Lights and Books
- Planter, Camellia and Fish’n’Chips
- New Border, Reflection and Cake
- Baby Beanies, Ice Patterns and Seeds
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected. Please ask for permission before taking and give me credit, too. I'm sure you understand.
Top Posts & Pages
- 565,467 visits from all over the world - Thank you all
Live Traffic Stats