Rain, A Ring and A Flower

28 Jul

It has rained all day again and the garden is quite sodden. I like the muted effect through the rain-splattered window.

Rain soaked garden

My Wedding ring has been too small for me for some time and I wear it on a chain. Today we went to a local family jewellers and found a beautiful silver ring with a Celtic knot design and I have a new ring on my wedding finger, just in time for our Golden Wedding Anniversary next month.

My beautiful ring

Joseph Conrad’s words

From the flowers we were given last week, this one is pink and fluffy but I don’t know its name.

What is this pretty flower?

Tags: ,

11 responses to “Rain, A Ring and A Flower

1. Judy @ NewEnglandGardenAndThread

July 31, 2017 at 3:02 pm

Congrats on your milestone anniversary coming up, and your ring is beautiful. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. heavenhappens

July 29, 2017 at 10:32 pm

Sincere congratulations. What a beautiful ring.

3. valeriedavies

July 28, 2017 at 11:19 pm

Loved the rain filled garden… so atmospheric… is the flower some sort of hybrid aster? so many flowers become unrecogniseable with cloning, or whatever these days !!!!

July 29, 2017 at 9:01 am

It’s only 5cms across so not sure if it might be an Aster of some sort. The garden looks like a painting doesn’t it but it is too wet to do anything at all out there and we need to! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Susan

July 28, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Your ring is lovely.
    The flower is nothing I’ve seen before, and absolutely delightful. Like a party on a stem.

July 29, 2017 at 6:55 am

Party on a stem! What a delightful way to describe our pretty unknown flower! Thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚

July 28, 2017 at 7:44 pm

That is a beautiful ring!

Liked by 2 people