There is a pretty cluster of little apples on our Malus Evereste this year.The Agapanthus leaves are rotting down and have become golden and translucent.At choir tonight lots of people had brought soft toys, colouring books, felt pens and crayons for ‘Bags of Love’, a local charity collecting for children in war torn Syria.
Below is the information we were given. Isn’t this a beautifully simple and lovely thing to do for these children.
“BAGS OF LOVE APPEAL
The hospitals in Syria in the aftermath of an airstrike are chaotic and incredibly busy. Due to the lack of staff, when children are brought in, there is no provision for a quiet space and rarely anyone with the time to comfort them.
The doctors have asked that we launch an appeal to fill bags with things that will keep the children distracted and maybe offer them some comfort. We are ordering 1000 white drawstring/duffle bags printed with the Bags of Love logo and we need donations to help us fill them.
Ideally we would like each bag to have:
1. A cuddly toy, no bigger than 10″ – doesn’t have to be new as long as it is clean and undamaged
2. A pack of felt tips or pencil crayons (with a sharpener) and a pad
3. An outdoor toy such as a tennis ball, skipping rope, yoyo etc
4. A packet of sweets- HALAL suitable – please make sure they have no gelatine in them.
5. A picture drawn by the child that has filled it, a note telling those children that we care, we think of them and we are reaching out to them ❤️ (this is really important as we can buy other bits but not this!)
Anything else that you think would bring a bit of joy feel free to add in.”