Three Toed Sloth, Lunch and A Little Poem

05 Apr

1   I have finished sewing up Grand-baby B’s birthday present. I have completely fallen in love with the gorgeous, cuddly Three Toed Sloth!

Three Toed Lemur

Three Toed Sloth

2   It has been a beautiful Spring day today and we have had our first lunch in the garden in the sunshine with the scent of Narcissi in the air.

Mozzarella, Tomato and Avocado Salad with a Balsamic dressing

Mozzarella, Tomato and Avocado Salad with a Balsamic dressing

3   We have tidied up the garden – I have raked the soil in one raised bed to a fine tilth, not for vegetables this year but a whole box devoted to flowers, some of them edible for salads and the lovely Mr S has mown the lawn, weeded and dug in the green manure in another of the raised beds. I have taken no more photos since lunch so I have turned to one of my poetry books, Poem for The Day and found this little gem as today’s poem, Celia, Celia by Adrian Mitchell.  It made me smile. I hope you do too.

When I am sad and weary

When I think all hope has gone

When I walk along High Holborn

I think of you with nothing on

Tags: ,

14 responses to “Three Toed Sloth, Lunch and A Little Poem

1. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin

April 8, 2015 at 2:32 pm

The sloth is the cutest!…

2. Grannymar

April 6, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Way to cool for me to eat outdoors yet, although it is a much brighter day. I love the Three Toed Sloth Do you have the pattern, is it all knitted. I do have plenty of that ‘hairy’ yarn and looking for a way to use it up!

April 7, 2015 at 8:49 am

I do have the pattern and it is all knitted. It was quite easy, the only tricky thing was the sewing up and stuffing so that it is full but still floppy! I’ll get the pattern out again and send you the details later. 🙂

• Grannymar

April 7, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Thank you. There is no immediate hurry, but I have ‘hairy’ yarn needing a home!

3. ladysighs

April 6, 2015 at 10:42 am

I love eating outside on our porch. Sometimes it seems like a chore to carry a lunch out, but it is always lovely and leisurely. 🙂

April 7, 2015 at 8:50 am

There is something very special about lunch outside with bird song and flower scents to accompany the meal. We are so lucky to live where we do. 🙂

4. creativityandfamily

April 6, 2015 at 8:57 am

The sloth is great, so cute, I’m sure grandbaby will love him to bits! Sharon x

5. Shelagh

April 6, 2015 at 7:47 am

Love the little poem. If I ever get to walk High Holborn again I will think of it! Your salad looks wonderful. Gardening a month or so off yet here, although I was surprised by a cluster of snow crocuses yesterday.

April 6, 2015 at 8:08 am

Glad you liked the poem! What are Snow crocuses? Have a good week! 🙂

6. Choc Chip Uru

April 5, 2015 at 10:05 pm

Adorable sloth 😛

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

7. jpeggytaylor

April 5, 2015 at 9:09 pm

What a gorgeous 3 toed sloth! I am sure it will be well-loved.