Weekly Photo Challenge – Forward

24 Feb

I love how the waves always appear to be rolling forward even when the tide is going out. Click on any photo to see beautiful detail. All these have been taken on the North Coast of Cornwall where the waves are wonderful in any weather.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

18 responses to “Weekly Photo Challenge – Forward

1. ajaytao2010

March 2, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Beautiful

2. Peter S

February 25, 2013 at 12:56 am

Beautiful photos! I’ve always wanted to go to Cornwall!

February 25, 2013 at 11:04 am

It is a very beautiful county – well worth the visit. Thank you for calling in! πŸ™‚

3. Maggie

February 24, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Beautiful collection of photos! Thanks for sharing them!

February 25, 2013 at 4:14 pm

I’m glad you like them.Thank you for calling in. πŸ™‚

4. Richard William Posner

February 24, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Seascapes are usually very beautiful. These certainly qualify for that description. I especially enjoy them when they are unpeopled like these. Makes them more primeval, which is the way I usually think of the ocean as being. All Life on Earth began in the seas.

Many years ago, late sixties – early seventies, a good friend had some land up in maine. Since, at that time, I also lived in new england, connecticut actually, I would drive up to visit betimes. The place he had was in steuben, which is not far from schoodic point acadia national park.

I went out there once during a hurricane, it was a very mild one, category 1 I suppose and it never really made landfall. How I now wish I had owned a camera then. I have never seen, first hand, such an awe inspiring display of Nature’s power.

It’s one thing to watch a video or look a pictures. It’s quite another being there.

The middle row of small images in the gallery reminded me. It’s a very good memory. It was a time when things seemed much better.

5. Photography Journal Blog

February 24, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Nice photos, I like your interpretation of the theme.

February 25, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Thank you. It took me a while to think of how to interpret it but was then pleased. πŸ™‚

6. greenbenchramblings

February 24, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Your photos really make you feel you are there looking at those sea views. Thanks

7. Andrew Petcher

February 24, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Good wave pictures – I live in the east of England where the sea is rarely so dramatic!

February 24, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Thank you for calling in and taking the time to comment. We are very lucky to be so close to the North coast where the waves are often just wonderful. πŸ™‚

8. hjbryant

February 24, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Beautiful sea photos – thank you

9. Alex Autin

February 24, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Theses images are beautiful, and you’re very right about the waves…

10. Don

February 24, 2013 at 10:51 am

Even living on the coastline, I cannot help but be stirred by your images of the sea. Wonderful stuff – thank you.

11. mrscarmichael