Blue Sky, Bee Wings and A Courgette Flower

12 Aug

After a busy, busy morning, I spent the afternoon relaxing under a beautiful blue sky alternating between sewing up a tiny cardigan for our expected twin Grandbabies and reading.  A Red Bottomed Bee was visiting the Cornflowers and the Courgettes have another flower.  I have yet to cook a courgette flower…..DSCN4108

11 Comments

Posted by on August 12, 2016 in Beauty, nature, Photography, Postaday 2016

Tags: , ,

11 responses to “Blue Sky, Bee Wings and A Courgette Flower

1. maureenjenner

August 15, 2016 at 5:26 am

The Italians stuff and deep fry courgette flowers after dipping in a light batter. They puff up and melt like so much fluff in the mouth.

August 15, 2016 at 7:08 am

That sounds amazing! We only get one flower at a time so I won’t be doing it myself but I’m looking forward to going to a restaurant that does! Thank you for calling in and taking the time to comment. 🙂

2. calvin

August 14, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Busy as a bee under blue sky. Deep fried?

August 14, 2016 at 6:34 pm

That’s what I want to try! 🙂

• calvin

August 14, 2016 at 6:49 pm

Go for it. I haven’t yet but if you do I might.

August 14, 2016 at 6:51 pm

We are told that there is an excellent restaurant half an hour from Holbrook where we will be staying when we visit The Grand Canyon next month, where they serve deep fried stuffed courgette flowers! I plan on trying them then. I’ll let you know what they are like. 🙂

3. Judy @ NewEnglandGardenAndThread

August 13, 2016 at 11:52 am

A beautiful day, great shots, and what a wonderful event to look forward to – twin grand babies. Life is good for you. 🙂

4. Sand Salt Moon

August 12, 2016 at 9:48 pm

What a lovely way to spend your time, congrats on the new members of your family on the way – and what pretty shots.

August 12, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Thank you. That was the most restful time all week and was lovely! 🙂 so looking forward to the new babies though they will be a long way away as they will be born in Barcelona!