A Walk Around Truro

17 May

I grew up in and around Truro and thought I knew the city quite well. True, I knew all the lanes, alleys  and short cuts having spent hours roaming or cycling around as a child but today I saw and learned so much more!   We went on a guided tour, Truro Now and Then and discovered more than I can possibly tell you about.  I will give you a gallery with captions and wish I could remember all the fascinating stories we heard!  Next time you are in Truro, book a tour with Viv Robinson, Blue Badge guide and have the secrets unfurled as you walk around. Click on any photo for the detail and the caption.

Tags: ,

12 responses to “A Walk Around Truro

1. GARY SMITH

April 29, 2016 at 5:35 pm

Under our shop false floor at Bridge Antiques they relaid the wooden block floor after some of it was removed from the cathedral

2. Grannymar

May 18, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Squeeze Guts Alley, I love it and how it got the name. I have yet to make it as far as Truro or any part of Cornwall. My time on the mainland was usually spent in the north east.

May 18, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Lovely to walk around Truro with you. I remember the Cathedral and Boscowan street. Nice to hear all the little stories and insides! Well I walked around as a tourist and it is lovely!

May 18, 2015 at 7:45 pm

I thought of you as I did the post and hoped you would see it and enjoy the stroll! All the best to you 🙂

4. heatherdawnfineart

May 18, 2015 at 12:57 pm

This is a very beautiful post, I have never been to either Truro, but maybe will some day. Thank you for sharing.

5. valeriedavies

May 18, 2015 at 1:34 am

gorgeous Sally. I
    I’ve saved your other post with pictures of Truro too…can’t get enough of them….such a beautiful little city

6. lovetotrav

May 18, 2015 at 12:54 am

This was kind of funny as I was first thinking Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada but then as I was looking at the pics… I thought… no way… Truro isn’t this nice and doesn’t look this quaint… this must be Europe.

May 18, 2015 at 6:56 am

This is Europe! It is Truro in Cornwall, UK. We went to Truro on Cape Cod a couple of years ago, also very different from our little city. Thank you for calling in and taking the time to comment – much appreciated. 🙂

7. Minuscule Moments

May 17, 2015 at 8:17 pm

What a beautiful city I have never heard of it, so thank you for sharing your tour.