Storm Ciaran and Comfort Food

02 Nov

Thank you to all those of you who sent messages about the Storm Ciaran. It was wild and has caused problems for many but we are okay. Our only casualty was poor WellyDog being blown over. Elsewhere there have been many trees and power lines down, blocking roads (I couldn’t go to choir), sheds down, slates, walls and fences down, trampolines blown away and some flooding around the coast. As always, communities are working together to help others. We will be at our allotment on Saturday as there has been considerable damage to sheds, greenhouses and poly tunnels and a “mend it together’ working party has been called.

Welly Dog in better weather, in our meadow

We’ve hunkered down so I baked some Chocolate Crispies and made a Chicken and Leek Pie for tonight’s meal.

10 responses to “Storm Ciaran and Comfort Food

November 5, 2023 at 10:31 am

So glad it was ok in your garden with just one casualty. I saw pictures of Penzance on TV, it was rather bad. Hope in the Community garden is not too much wrecked.
    ♥♥

November 22, 2023 at 8:17 pm

It was wild all around us but not too bad here. The only casualty at Community Roots was the canvas ‘privacy screen’ that acts as the loo! Just gives us more ammunition when we apply for grants! 🙂

2. Awakening Wonders

November 3, 2023 at 8:56 am

Storm – ugh! But your baking looks scrumptious!

November 22, 2023 at 8:20 pm

It was wild all around us – we were lucky and I love the opportunity to bake if I cant get outside! 🙂

November 2, 2023 at 11:34 pm

It was far worse than any storm I have encountered in the 7 years we’ve been here. I thought the windows were going to blow in at 4 am. Shed roof a casualty, but nothing else thank goodness. Glad you were safe.

November 3, 2023 at 7:39 am

We were kept awake too and at 4 am thought the windows would blow in.We were surprised to see so little damage when we woke later. Sorry you have lost your shed roof but glad it was nothing worse.

• Heyjude

November 3, 2023 at 11:53 am

Just discovered that it wasn’t our shed roof, but our neighbour’s! Lucky escape for us, not so good for her.

4. Helen Wright

November 2, 2023 at 7:21 pm

So glad you have survived more or less unscathed! That pie is making my mouth water 🙄😊

November 3, 2023 at 7:40 am