Carn Brea, Secret Garden and Blossom

09 Apr

We have two LiveWires with us! This morning we went up to Carn Brea from where both the North and South coast seas can be seen. The youngsters love climbing on the (treacherous!) rocks and I have to bite my tongue. Their rock climbing and survival skills are impressive!

On top of Carn Brea

Rocks and Redruth

In the afternoon we took the children to the unique and wonderful Minack Theatre just above Porthcurno to see The Secret Garden which was an absolute delight.

As the play ended

Porthcurno Beach

Blossom abounds everywhere at the moment.

Gorse

Blackthorn, identified by HeyJude for me.

Tags: , ,

9 responses to “Carn Brea, Secret Garden and Blossom

1. usathroughoureyes

April 10, 2019 at 11:52 am

Beautiful photos. Such a peaceful place.

2. Sandra

April 10, 2019 at 10:35 am

I saw that The Secret Garden was on and secretly wished that my own live wires were visiting so I might have an excuse to go. We’ll get there again later this summer. It’s a magical place! Carn Brea is new to me though – I must check that out.

3. anotherday2paradise

April 9, 2019 at 10:39 pm

What a great way to entertain your two live wires. They will remember these visits for ever. 😃

April 9, 2019 at 7:25 pm

I think you’ll find that the hawthorn is in fact blackthorn as that flowers first and before leaves. Hawthorn is usually May and the leaves appear first. Both very pretty blossoms. I have not been up Carn Brea yet (though we can see it from where we live) is there a car park close to the top?

April 10, 2019 at 6:56 am

Thank you! Is it the one called May blossom> I’ll go in and edit my blog right now! There are car parks at the top, one, nearer the Bassett Monument and one near the castle restaurant. The drive up is much on unmade road and is full of big bumps and puddles! 🙂

• Heyjude

April 10, 2019 at 8:46 am

Hawthorn is called May blossom. I like the pink variety. Mmm… Potholed tracks don’t sound good for my rather low slung car! Where do you park?

April 10, 2019 at 5:00 pm

We park near the Bassett Monument having negotiated many potholes. If you are fitter than I you could park on the road and walk up or, as LiveWire No2 and his Mum do, walk up from car Brea Village. I used to do that too! 🙂

• Heyjude

April 10, 2019 at 6:36 pm

Thanks for the info Sally. I shall check it out.