Six on Saturday – All Around Us

16 Feb

Spring is happening all around us, in little bursts that get bigger each week. In our own garden, the Crocuses, Snowdrops and Tete a Tete are coming into their own.

1.  The Strawberry plants in our double wall herb garden have become a weed, choking off lots of little Spring bulbs. I spent a couple of hours stripping out the strawberries and their runners making room for more Spring to shine through.

2.  Beautiful Muscari with Snowdrops behind. The green fencing is to keep cats off the soil. Whenever it is cleared, in they come. Does anyone have good (kind) ways to keep them off?

Muscari, also freed with room to grow

3.  More Tete a Tete are coming through the Thyme in the herb garden.

Mini Daffodils coming up through the Thyme

In neighbours’ gardens I have seen Hellebores, Camellias and a gorgeous fully blossomed Cherry Tree.

Hellebore

Camellia

Cherry Tree

Single blossom

I am taking part in the Six on Saturday postings started by the Propagator. Go to his site to find the links to other contributions from all over the world.

Tags:

16 responses to “Six on Saturday – All Around Us

February 17, 2019 at 5:35 pm

The blossoms really come in Cornwall! Super. My daffodils are about 2 inches high.

February 17, 2019 at 5:38 pm

We still have lots to come but the one that are around now are giving us great cheer. 🙂

2. CadyLuck Leedy

February 17, 2019 at 4:07 pm

Your muscari is fabulous! Mine haven’t done anything yet……..notice I said yet, still looking.

February 17, 2019 at 4:19 pm

We still have lots come through properly. I’m not sure why these popped up first! 🙂

3. March Picker

February 17, 2019 at 2:56 am

All of these gems are welcome sights. I need to do the same with digging out invasive strawberries this year. Thank you for the reminder!

4. Piglet in Portugal

February 16, 2019 at 11:53 pm

That’s a pretty Hellebore! What wonderful colours

February 17, 2019 at 8:36 am

Isn’t it? I stepped into a neighbour’s garden to get the photo and was glad of my camera’s tilting screen so that I didn’t have to crawl on the ground! 🙂

5. janesmudgeegarden

February 16, 2019 at 11:07 pm

All beautiful. Tete a Tete coming through the Thyme sounds like a song!

February 17, 2019 at 8:37 am

Perhaps I can find some more garden related phrases to make a whole song! Thank you for calling in and for your delightful comment – much appreciated! 🙂

6. Katharine - teabreakgardener

February 16, 2019 at 5:05 pm

My muscari are nowhere to be seen. I wonder why they’re hiding?!

February 16, 2019 at 5:16 pm

Some of ours have still some way to go – I’m not sure why some are further on but happy that their season will last for quite a while. 🙂

February 16, 2019 at 4:50 pm

Makes the heart sing!

8. Lisa

February 16, 2019 at 4:32 pm

Oh, your grape hyacinths are so lovely! Mine are not nearly that far along yet, although my mini daffodils looks pretty much even. I love them both. Yellows and blue/purples seem to be favorites in a lot of gardens.

February 16, 2019 at 5:15 pm

It’s only the one group that are so well on. There are lots that are still tiny. Maybe I planted these nearer the top? Who knows? I love the Spring colours too, so vivid and so very welcome! 🙂