Gylly Beach, Pink Flower and Sarawak Laska

10 Sep

Today’s walk was along Cliff Road above Gylly Beach where there is a long flat walk which is what I need at the moment. The sea was quite choppy and, of course, beautiful!

20150910-215203.jpg
Along the way was a small bush that may have been Lavatera but I am not sure as the flowers were much more blowsy than usual.

20150910-215425.jpg
For Father’s Day earlier this year, the kids bought the lovely Mr S a subscription to The Spicery and tonight Daughter No 1 cooked Sarawak Laska which was absolutely delicious. The Spicery kits are brilliant! They come with all the spices needed, very clear instructions and a heat rating! I didn’t add the Sambal Balacan which was much hotter than suits me.

20150910-220854.jpg

20150910-220907.jpg

Tags: , ,

8 responses to “Gylly Beach, Pink Flower and Sarawak Laska

1. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin

September 17, 2015 at 1:47 am

I used to could purchase little spice kits with recipes…and it was fun to try new tastes…Looks scrumptious!

2. Charlie@Seattle Trekker

September 11, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Nothing better in the world than a walk along the water, and shared moments with family.

3. Flowerpot

September 11, 2015 at 8:29 am

I used to do that walk when I was recovering, too! Glad you are feeling a bit better Sally. Lots of love XX

September 11, 2015 at 8:44 am

It’s a good walk with sea and sea air and a cafe when you need it! 🙂 xx

4. artisticmilestones

September 11, 2015 at 3:58 am

The place looks breezy its beautiful. I miss laksa!

5. grandfathersky

September 11, 2015 at 1:14 am

Omg does that look good … Although I have to be careful with some peppers, love them, but they don’t love me!