Lichen, Sewing and Sally-Boots

15 May

1   I love the colours and shapes of Lichen and found this growing on our, until now, beautiful arched Cedrus Atlantica Glauca. For some reason, it has not sprouted this year. We have planted Clematis to climb up the structure but are feeling very sad that it seems to have died.

Lichen

Lichen

2   My sewing project is coming on. I have attached all four panels to the duvet covers and I am now embroidering little bits to lift the design and to secure the panel more effectively.  Here is the Fox. I’m wondering whether to do a bit more than the stems and his nose.

Embroidered panel

Embroidered panel – green stems and black nose.

3    I have posted another pair of Sally-boots today.

Sally-boots ready for the post

Sally-boots ready for the post

Tags: ,

22 responses to “Lichen, Sewing and Sally-Boots

1. Julie Lanner

May 18, 2015 at 8:32 am

This embroidery reminds me of your photos of Cornwall. https://instagram.com/p/16YHGjDU0s/
    Julie in San Diego

May 18, 2015 at 9:27 am

It’s beautiful and looks like one of the daffodil fields that look over the sea. thank you so much for showing me. 🙂

2. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin

May 17, 2015 at 9:01 pm

so…does lichen only come on dead wood???

May 18, 2015 at 7:01 am

No, it’s on living trees as well as on stones and fences. It only grows where the air is very clean. Thinking about you both and hoping Bobby’s recovery is going well and that you are also taking care of yourself. With love x

3. on thehomefrontandbeyond

May 16, 2015 at 1:27 pm

continue to enjoy your three things–love the booties but have no desire to knit them as I have not only two left feet but two left hands–cannot get the sync of knitting–my mind gets too confused!

4. dianasschwenk

May 16, 2015 at 2:18 am

I’ve never heard of sally boots – I love them! ❤
    Diana xo

May 16, 2015 at 7:08 am

They were called Sally-boots by the people that I was making them for because I am Sally! I have made very many pairs by now. 🙂

5. Mama Cormier

May 15, 2015 at 11:03 pm

I would love that pattern as well, especially now that we’re expecting our first grandchild.

May 16, 2015 at 9:32 am

Congratulations! It is very lovely being a Grandparent! I will put the pattern up as soon as I can and will let you know. When is your Grandchild due? 🙂

6. Julie Lanner

May 15, 2015 at 9:45 pm

The tiny boots are adorable. Is the pattern available? I would love to make some for baby showers.
    Julie in San Diego

May 15, 2015 at 9:58 pm

I’ll post it or the link on my Creative Projects page very soon. They only take an evening each boot – and that’s while watching TV! 🙂

7. Grannymar

May 15, 2015 at 8:52 pm

*are cute.

8. Grannymar

May 15, 2015 at 8:52 pm

Those boots ale cute!

9. john zande

May 15, 2015 at 8:07 pm

Sally-Boots = Good!

May 15, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Not heard from Ladysighs for far too long – have you? Hoping all is well. 🙂

• john zande

May 15, 2015 at 9:22 pm

True, it has been a while. Perhaps she’s just taking another well-earned break?

All is well, although you’re stealing our sun up there, and its getting quite cold here in our little valley 🙂

May 15, 2015 at 10:00 pm

I hope that’s what it is. Feel a bit apprehensive though.
          Glad all is well with you. We are here too though it’s very cold still despite being quite bright much of the time. Things are growing anyway! 🙂