Happiness, Clematis and New Garden Sculpture

10 May

We have a perpetual calendar and these are today’s words which I like.

“Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared”  Budda

Be kind, be happy.

2   We bought a new Clematis yesterday, Miss Bateman, and it is very lovely. It is named after Catharine Bateman, the daughter of orchid specialist James Bateman and was warded RHS First Class Certificate in 1869.  It seems that earwigs eat the flowers so we will have to keep an eye on her.

Miss Bateman

Miss Bateman

3   You may have seen my photo of a rather quirky  kinetic sculpture of two little Woodpeckers a couple of days ago.   When we went back to the Nursery yesterday, I bought it, so now, here it is in our garden!  Do you ever do that? Fall for something but don’t buy it and then go back, on tenterhooks, in case someone else has got there before you?

Two little Woodpeckers

Two little Woodpeckers

Tags: ,

10 responses to “Happiness, Clematis and New Garden Sculpture

1. Charlie@Seattle Trekker

May 11, 2015 at 6:11 pm

I am a huge clematis fan, you chose well. You are going to be so happy with the blooms from this plant.

May 11, 2015 at 6:56 pm

Thank you! We are looking forward to seeing lots of flowers. 🙂

2. Sharon - creativityandfamily

May 11, 2015 at 10:15 am

Oh wow! I feel a bit envious of your woodpeckers 😉

3. Susan L.

May 10, 2015 at 11:47 pm

That clematis blossom is so lovely! It makes me happy just to look at it.

4. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin

May 10, 2015 at 11:39 pm

oh, you have the woodpecker sculpture…GREAT!

5. john zande

May 10, 2015 at 11:14 pm

The woodpeckers are wonderful!

6. calvin

May 10, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Now does the sculpture put to the rest the pecking order in the garden or do they pivot.

Would it not be wonderful if we could live in homes with out walls, and just live in gardens. Hmmmm, might be a Bohemian.

May 10, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Oh, yes! I would love to live in the garden, always a Bohemian at heart. Thank you for your email and photo. My reply bounced back but I replied on here. Hope you got it. 🙂
      We now have three bird sculptures in the garden, four birds in all and I love them all!

7. Minuscule Moments

May 10, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Sculpture is gorgeous, nothing like a bit of art in the garden to make me smile.