Magnolia, Cornish Hedge and Preparation

31 Mar

1   Walking down to buy some chocolate (of which, more later) I passed a glorious Magnolia Stellata glowing in the afternoon sunshine.

Magnolia Stellata

Magnolia Stellata

2    Along the top of a neighbour’s Cornish hedge there is a mass of Primroses of various shades – just beautiful.

Along the top of the hedge

Along the top of the hedge

3   As it is April Fools’ Day tomorrow and we have our Grandchildren staying I decided to do something my Dad once did for us four kids. I blew four large eggs, saving the contents for a Frittata for lunch tomorrow, melted the milk chocolate I had been out to buy and very carefully filled the empty egg shells with chocolate. Tomorrow, when the rest of the family are cutting the tops off their boiled eggs with ease, those eggs will be very hard!  They will, of course, be served so that the hole doesn’t show.IMG_4766

Tags: , ,

19 responses to “Magnolia, Cornish Hedge and Preparation

1. flowerpot

April 1, 2015 at 9:26 am

Good ploy Sally – would love to see their faces!

April 1, 2015 at 9:37 am

They were a treat! The best bit though was when their Dad arrived late for breakfast so the children hid their own eggs and were able to play the April fool on him! 🙂

2. anotherday2paradise

April 1, 2015 at 2:20 am

I love your little trick with the eggs. The kids will love it. Those blossoms are so beautiful. 🙂

3. dianasschwenk

April 1, 2015 at 12:44 am

What a great idea! ❤
    Diana xo

4. Bernice

April 1, 2015 at 12:29 am

What a beautiful tree! Have fun with the grandkids!

5. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin

March 31, 2015 at 11:42 pm

love the egg idea…and hjbryant’s joke was equally cute!

6. Grannymar

March 31, 2015 at 10:52 pm

I love those eggs!

7. hjbryant

March 31, 2015 at 9:06 pm

When I was little we kept chickens and every Easter Saturday we solemnly stirred a spoonful of cocoa into their evening mash and lo and behold in the morning when we went down to pick up the eggs there would be a couple of little chocolate ones in each nest box. Lovely memories!!

March 31, 2015 at 9:28 pm

How lovely! You must have been so delighted. Thank you for sharing that – made me smile 🙂

8. Susan L.

March 31, 2015 at 8:24 pm

We still have snow in my neck of the woods ~ your flower photos give me a much needed lift. And I think those April Fool eggs are a wonderful idea! Your blog is inspiring in many ways. Thanks.

March 31, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Whereabouts are you that you still have snow? The eggs are really easy to do, just need a bit of time and patience. 🙂

• Susan L.

April 1, 2015 at 7:25 pm

I’m in Maine, USA. Thanks for reminding me that Spring does still exist!

9. creativityandfamily

March 31, 2015 at 7:09 pm

What a lovely idea, a ‘nice’ surpirse. I remember us putting a 5lb weight in Dad’s lunch box, he got quite a shock when he went to pick it up! x