Seed-Head, Bell Tower and Snowdrops

15 Feb

1    The birds have been enjoying the seeds on the fennel. There aren’t many seeds left but the heads are still beautiful.

Fennel seed head against a Cornish sky

Fennel seed head against a Cornish sky

2    I love this three bells tower in Tresillian.

Tresillian Church

Tresillian Church

3    Snowdrops just clothe this corner of Pine Lodge Gardens.

Snowdrops in Pine Lodge Gardens, St Austell

Snowdrops in Pine Lodge Gardens, St Austell

Tags: , , , ,

8 responses to “Seed-Head, Bell Tower and Snowdrops

1. poppytump

February 18, 2013 at 11:00 am

No fennel here but they do enjoy anything else they come across on old seed heads . Just discovered a little patch of snowdrops from I don’t know where or how in the garden …lovely monday morning surprise 🙂 those ones in Pine Lodge Gardens love wonderful !

2. WordsFallFromMyEyes

February 16, 2013 at 8:47 am

Fancy birds eating fennel – I would never have thought.

I know the strong flavour of fennel, as when I was a teen and waitressing in an Indian restaurant, I learned how to make kuhlfi, their Indian dessert/ice cream. It was DELICIOUS. It was my first experience of fennel.

You’re so beautiful, Sally, in that you notice the fennel heads against the Cornish sky, and capture them for all the world to see. Many, many a wanderer would wander right on by, without noticing. You truly amaze me that you CONTINUE to find three beauties in every day.

February 16, 2013 at 9:57 am

I love that you love what I do and see! You make my whole blog worthwhile! 🙂

There’s a recipe for Kulfi in today’s paper. You have inspired me to try it!

All the best 🙂

3. Kathleen Richardson

February 15, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Beautiful trio of pics, Sally. I think a horse and sleigh (or wagon) would look more appropriate in front of that magnificent church than a car does! My tulip leaves are just starting to peek out of the ground.

February 16, 2013 at 7:46 am

Yes, I was sorry there were cars there but I had to take my photos as we drove towards the Church and couldn’t wait! 🙂

4. childtasticbooks

February 15, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Fennel seed heads are amazing, aren’t they?

5. Shelagh

February 15, 2013 at 8:17 pm

My poor snowdrops just poked thru, I had to shovel snow on them as it is going to get real cold again on Sunday. Love that bell tower too!

6. djdfr

February 15, 2013 at 7:40 pm

There is nothing left of our fennel.