Strawberry Jam, Church Noticeboard and Lettuces

12 Jun

When our lovely friend brought some scones and Cornish cream the other day, we assumed we had some strawberry jam in the freezer but no! We had to use bought jam. 🙂      In our delivery yesterday we bought some beautiful English strawberries and today I have started making the no-cook freezer jam which tastes so fresh and delicious.

We went to visit Gwennap Churchyard in a very heavy rainstorm this afternoon as we have a plan which I shall tell you about if it comes to fruition. On the noticeboard just outside the Churchyard, there is reference to the gravestone that was the inspiration for one of my Dad’s books, The Fate of Jeremy Visick.

Just nearby was a little stall selling beautiful fresh homegrown produce.Loved the ‘living lettuce’ but left it there as we have so much growing at home.

9 Comments

Posted by on June 12, 2020 in Photography, Postaday2020

Tags: , ,

9 responses to “Strawberry Jam, Church Noticeboard and Lettuces

June 13, 2020 at 1:47 am

What is no cook freezer jam?

2. Arkenaten

June 12, 2020 at 8:23 pm

I overseeded a whole bunch of lettuces a month or so back in a couple of seeding trays and they are busy sprouting At 1.20 a pop I’d make a small fortune from all my living lettuces! 🙂
    Ah, yes …. salad day ahead.

June 12, 2020 at 8:35 pm

Pop them at your gate and see how you go. Good luck! 🙂

• Arkenaten

June 12, 2020 at 8:44 pm

Leave them at the gate? Here, in Johannesburg?
        Hahahahahahahahahah!!!

June 12, 2020 at 8:17 pm

I bought a living lettuce and we ate it , so I put it back in the soil and it is growing beautifully again.

4. Sandra