Six on Saturday – The Good, The Bad and The Beautiful

25 May

Oh, we do need rain!  Things are growing well and all the grey water we have is keeping them going.

1.  The edible garden is doing well. We have eaten leaves this week and I have used Viola flowers to decorate cakes.

2.  The blue and white border is filling out and giving us colour.

3.  Our baby apple tree has some curly leaves and we aren’t sure what is attacking them. We’ve taken off the crinkly leaves and are hoping it doesn’t spread. Any ideas/ advice happily received.  We  know  we  have  to  remove  the baby  apples  as  soon  as  it  is  planted. We  are  waiting  for  some  work  to  be  done  in  that  area.

4.  Lilies We don’t know if the furry stuff is part of the flowers or is something else bad……..

5.  Dendrites  I love it when we do the Spring wash of the stone slabs and the beautiful dendrites show themselves again.

6.  Parachutes – The lovely Mr S and I do not agree about the beauty of a dandelion clock!

Join the Six on Saturday gang! Check out the Propagator’s blog and read the comments too. Bloggers from all over the world contribute.

Tags: , , ,

14 responses to “Six on Saturday – The Good, The Bad and The Beautiful

1. Lora Hughes

May 27, 2019 at 10:51 am

Your blue & white border is wonderful. Hope you find solutions to your bads.

May 27, 2019 at 5:41 pm

Thank you. It should be even better when the agapanthus bloom too thought there is no sign of any buds yet……. 🙂

2. cavershamjj

May 26, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Theres a place and time for dandelions and it’s not now nor in my garden.

May 26, 2019 at 2:28 am

Your edible garden looks great!

May 26, 2019 at 9:53 am

We are delighted with how it is looking and how it is providing. The pansies are all self sown from last year. 🙂

4. Linda Casper

May 25, 2019 at 9:55 pm

The edible garden is looking good.

May 27, 2019 at 5:58 pm

Thank you. We will have to eat it all up soon as it is all coming ready at once. I need to get cleverer with succession planting! 🙂

June 1, 2019 at 8:38 pm

Tasting good too! 🙂

5. Piglet in Portugal

May 25, 2019 at 9:09 pm

I found this on lilies

I am also going to look for answers to some of my questions on there as well. I’ve not come across the site before.

RE Dandelions I agree with Mr S. 🙂 They make a nice photo or drawing.

What are the blue flowers under the lupins. I have them and thought they were weeds… eek!

June 1, 2019 at 8:42 pm

Thank you so much for this. Sorry for the delay in responding, it’s been a crazy week! It is reassuring to know that the web stuff is okay. The blue flowers are Centaurea Montana, beautiful colour and they go on for ever! 🙂

May 25, 2019 at 6:26 pm

The dendrites are fabulous! I think the lily is fine, as for the apple tree no idea!

7. Diane

May 25, 2019 at 6:25 pm

I think i’m With you re the dandelion clock, all those little “fairies” waiting to take to the sky …