Hedgehog, Cake and Open Studio

24 May

Last night we saw our Hedgehog! Some time ago I mentioned that we had spotted hedgehog droppings and so knew there was a Hedgehog around. One of my Dear Readers suggested feeding him and as a result of her comments, we found some Hedgehog Biscuits! Now we feed him each evening as we go to bed. Last night we were a bit late and he was waiting!

I baked a Coffee and Pecan Cake today – well, two in fact, a ย proper sized one to take to a friend this evening and a little one for us.

It was the Crowan Cluster Preview evening for Open Studios in Cornwall and we visited our friend, Nicky Stephenson, potter, who makes the most beautiful pots. The cake is for her visitors over the week.

Just one of Nicky’s displays

Tags:

12 responses to “Hedgehog, Cake and Open Studio

May 25, 2019 at 3:25 pm

Wow! A hedgehog! I’d love to have one of them in my garden, plenty of slugs to eat no need for biscuits! And the pottery looks lovely. (As does the cake, but we are not eating cake at the moment so I have to try and ignore that).

June 1, 2019 at 8:44 pm

Our hedgehog visited every night for several weeks, leaving us poo evidence but he hasn’t’t been around for several nights so we are wondering if he has left us…. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

June 1, 2019 at 8:49 pm

We are wondering if he might have been scared off by next door’s cats……. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

2. Sandra

May 25, 2019 at 8:56 am

I am so pleased about your hedgehog! Isn’t it wonderful to watch him feed and have him waiting, knowing that you’re helping a creature whose numbers are declining so badly. You may find that you’ll get more coming now there’s a regular source of food. We set up our trail camera and got some great nocturnal footage ๐Ÿ™‚

The cakes look delicious – as does that pottery!

May 25, 2019 at 10:55 am

We’ve been thinking of getting a camera. Can you tell me which yours is and if you are pleased with it? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Sandra

May 25, 2019 at 5:51 pm

I’ve had a look at ours and there’s no make or model number on it. B can’t remember any details either; we’ve had it for some while. I would guess that it’s a fairly basic model as we didn’t know what to expect, and it’s gave us some good footage of our former hedgehogs – when positioned in the right place! Sorry to be so unhelpful.

May 25, 2019 at 1:03 pm

Thank you for your advice given earlier. It’s so lovely to have this nocturnal visitor! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Hils Bryant

May 24, 2019 at 9:34 pm

Where do you find your hedgehog biscuits? Think I have one in the garden and would love to help him or her out!

4. ksbeth