A Play, A Pie and My Glass for Sale

03 Mar

A few weeks ago, a lovely friend saw the poster below, advertising a play that had been written from one of my Dad’s novels – The Fate of Jeremy Visick

Stage Struck and The Fate of Jeremy Visick

I saw the play last night and was moved to tears by this production. The interpretation of the story, the bringing up-to-date of elements, the cast – especially the two amazing 11 years olds who played Matthew and Jeremy – the music, the use of technology, the very cleverly designed set all combined to make an unforgettable evening and one which my dear Dad would have been so proud to know about! I sat there almost bursting with pride that all those people were there, on stage and in the audience, because my lovely Dad had written this story! Thank you to Judith Nicholls and to all involved. Let’s hope it can be put on again. It deserves a much wider audience.

I made a Turkey and Leek pie for dinner tonight.

Turkey and Leek pie

I visited the display of my glass in The Craft Collective while in town on Saturday! I’ve up-cycled  lots of the bits of sea-glass, earrings, bracelets and other beady bits that friends have given me and have lots more for the next series that I have started already.

Inside The Craft Collective

My first eight pieces

Tags: , , ,

17 responses to “A Play, A Pie and My Glass for Sale

1. Judith

March 4, 2019 at 6:52 am

You must be so proud of your Dad to be able to watch one of his plays come alive. Pie looks gorgeous! Glass pieces look gorgeous. Does the shop have a website to buy from?
    Kindest regards Judith

2. john zande

March 3, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Did you let them know who you were?

March 3, 2019 at 10:26 pm

I did but not until I had seen the production. If I hadn’t liked it or had felt it was not true to Dad’s work, I would have slipped away unnoticed! As it was I had my photo taken with the two boys who were somewhat overawed to meet me, as the daughter of the author! 🙂

3. backstagestives

March 3, 2019 at 9:27 pm

If your Dad could read your blog and read about all your achievements I think he too would burst with pride. Your creativity, extraordinary range of talents, ability to blog about your life in an inspiring but simple way is beautiful. He would be very proud I think. What is that saying about the apple never falls far from the tree?

March 3, 2019 at 10:24 pm

You are so lovely! Thank you for this. I haven’t ever thought about that but I think you might be right. I think maybe I have made him and my Mum proud, if only they could know. Dad was very proud of my career achievements and would be delighted that I have found my creative ‘voice’ now too. You have put tears in my eyes and extra love in my heart. Thank you. 🙂

4. Bernice

March 3, 2019 at 9:17 pm

The Turkey Pie sounds good!

5. Mama Cormier

March 3, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Love it all. So lovely to see something of our parents come to fruition. You must be very proud. Your glass is beautiful. I hope it sells out.

March 4, 2019 at 8:26 am

Thank you. Dad’s book, one of 18, sold all over the world and was his best seller in his lifetime. I hope my glass sells out too! 🙂

March 3, 2019 at 8:20 pm

How fantastic to see a play your dad has written the story for. I can imagine it was rather emotional for you!

7. ksbeth

March 3, 2019 at 7:59 pm

every part of this post is wonderful, especially the part about your father’s play )

March 4, 2019 at 8:27 am

Yes, that was just brilliant and so well done. he and Mum would have been so delighted. 🙂