Bee, Cake and Carrots

25 Jul

I followed this bee around the Garden Centre this afternoon and after many photo attempts, it stayed still long enough for this one.

Bee

Another new recipe came my way – for a Pomegranate Passion Cake. I have made the cake this afternoon and will top it tomorrow and show you then. I love the whizzy, whirly motion of the mixer creaming the butter and sugar.

Creaming the butter and sugar to start a cake

We were at a the Garden Centre to find some Pak Choi, Winter salad leaves and Everlasting Spinach to replace the salads and the Carrots which were in the edible garden. Despite all the carrots being wonky, Β the colours are very pleasing. I roasted them this evening.

Crazy carrots

15 Comments

Posted by on July 25, 2018 in nature, Photography, Postaday2018

Tags:

15 responses to “Bee, Cake and Carrots

1. saymber

July 26, 2018 at 6:06 pm

The second picture made my mouth water lool and those carrots have such personalities! Bet they tasted so good.

July 26, 2018 at 4:08 pm

Yes funny carrots, at least they tasted good!

3. Mama Cormier

July 26, 2018 at 3:27 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought the carrots were grubs.

4. Tish Farrell

July 25, 2018 at 8:29 pm

Great photos however challenging the carrots πŸ™‚

July 25, 2018 at 8:49 pm

They tasted delicious and looked lovely on the plate but were indeed rather weird! Not sure we’ll bother again as they are hard to clean up and are not as long as they should be – nothing like the photo that led me to buy the baby plants! πŸ™‚

• Tish Farrell

July 26, 2018 at 7:52 am

Ah well. As long as they tasted delicious. That counts a whole lot in my book πŸ™‚

July 25, 2018 at 8:14 pm

The carrots look like those grubs you find on Asian street stalls. Hope they tasted better than they look!

July 26, 2018 at 5:18 am

They did! They were delicious and I am very pleased I didn’t think about grubs until after we had eaten them! Very big grubs! Yuk! πŸ™‚

6. Arkenaten

July 25, 2018 at 8:14 pm

The carrots almost look like a species of Mopane worms!

Liked by 2 people

July 25, 2018 at 7:05 pm

Those are some wild and crazy looking carrots!

Liked by 4 people