Twiddle-Muff, Cookies and A Poppy

25 May

I heard recently of a project to knit Twiddle-muffs, sometimes known as Sensory bands, for people with Dementia and they sounded like a really good idea so I set about making one. My lovely gentle MIL, Madeleine,  had Dementia and used to fiddle with bits of her clothing and I have made this one with love with her in mind and memory. I think she would have liked it. I have incorporated buttons and ribbons, inside and out ,and have added a little pocket as suggested by another knitter. There are lots of textures in the chosen yarns and the stitches used. Now I have to find a home for this one and the others in the making, maybe with Dementia UK for whom we held the concert in Trebah Gardens last week.

Twiddle-Muff

Twiddle-Muff

2   I baked 101 cookies this afternoon as we have some workmen coming to the house tomorrow for 3 or 4 days and I like to give them home-made cookies with their tea.

Oat Crunchie Cookies

Oat Crunchie Cookies

3   Our first Poppy has emerged and is magnificent. There are eight more buds to be seen.

First Poppy of the season

First Poppy of the season

Tags: , , , ,

6 responses to “Twiddle-Muff, Cookies and A Poppy

1. saymber

May 27, 2015 at 11:16 am

I love the muff! It makes sense to me and those cookies look delicious. Yesterday I decided to make an experiment of banana/chocolate muffins…oh my so good! Beautiful poppy in time for Memorial holidays.

2. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin

May 26, 2015 at 3:46 am

always thinking of others!…such a kind heart!

3. Dr Rowena Jacka Jopling

May 25, 2015 at 8:54 pm

What a great idea; you may have seen this article about someone who needs them, but just in case you haven’t, kind regards Rowena http://icenipost.com/knitters-wanted-an-urgent-call-to-help-dementia-patients/

May 25, 2015 at 9:59 pm

Thank you. That is the pattern I am using after a friend sent it on to me. It’s good to have the link on here for others who would like to join me in knitting more of these twiddle-muffs. Cheers, Sally

4. lovetotrav

May 25, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Aren’t you sweet! The twiddle-muffs are adorable and what a kind present to give. And who wouldn’t want to do work at your house with cookies to eat?!

5. Sharon - creativityandfamily

May 25, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Wow, you’ve been busy! Lets hope they work hard fed on that little lot 🙂 The twiddle muff is a great idea. x