A Walk, A Treat and A Cartoon

28 Jan

My dear friend and her beautiful dog, Kaia, came today for us to walk together around the Great Flat Lode. The valley was misty, Carn Brea covered by low cloud and by the end it was properly mizzling but we had the best walk catching up. The lovely Mr S brought me a little treat this afternoon on his way back from his appointment, always loved these and can’t remember when I last had one.

I think I’ve mentioned before our lovely neighbour who swims throughout the winter. The other day, she and her friends swam in a local quarry where they had to break the ice to make any headway. N had a hammer with her and was, literally, breaking the ice with her hammer!I think this cartoon expresses how I might feel if I were to try this hobby! I hope it doesn’t offend anybody! Open Water Swearing by Kate West Art

Tags: , ,

7 responses to “A Walk, A Treat and A Cartoon

1. commonprose

January 31, 2021 at 5:47 pm

I looked up Cadbury Crunchie to see what’s in it. There are recipes online for making them. If anyone can make them, Sally can. You are hereby challenged!

January 31, 2021 at 7:09 pm

I have made the crunch middle before but never tried to coat it in chocolate. It is horribly moreish! 🙂

January 29, 2021 at 10:30 am

Haha, this is me in Summer in Cornish water…..Winter, can’t even think about that……

3. Ark

January 29, 2021 at 5:41 am

I feel sorry for the seagull in the cartoon. Scarred for life!

It is ”properly mizzling” ( a great term I had not heard before) here in Jo’burg this morning and the entire valley is shrouded in mist. The new dogs were barely visible when I let them out at 5:45 this morning. Even they seemed a bit bemused by the weather!

The ‘treat’ I haven’t seen since I left the UK is a Walnut Whip. Remember those? Do they still make them?

January 29, 2021 at 4:25 pm

They do still make Walnut Whips. They were my Mum’s favourite too. When I was little that was always what I bought my Mum for Mother’s Day. Lovely memory, thank you.
      I hadn’t looked at the seagulls carefully – they do look traumatised! 🙂

January 29, 2021 at 3:49 am

Are you serious?
    She swims even when the water is iced over?

Are you sure she’s sane??? 😆