Camellia, Pears and A Proverb

29 Jan

The white Camellias on our walk are still lovely.

Also on our walk we came across this box of free apples and pears. We happily took some pears and this afternoon I have poached them in vanilla for desserts over the next few days.

Last time we were in Arizona (too long ago)  I bought a little book of Native American Proverbs. I like the one on the cover and this one below  (and many more ) from inside.

“Be kind to everything that lives.”  Omaha

And, excellent news, I received my letter from the NHS today inviting me for my vaccine. I booked immediately and get my shot tomorrow and my 2nd dose on 18th April. Shortly after that I’ll be able to hug family if/when they can visit.

8 Comments

Posted by on January 29, 2021 in America, Photography, Postaday2021

Tags: ,

8 responses to “Camellia, Pears and A Proverb

1. commonprose

January 31, 2021 at 5:40 pm

So glad you’re getting vaccinated. Hope we get out of COVID-19 Hell before we’re all too old to travel.

January 31, 2021 at 7:11 pm

That’s the first one done. We echo your hopes. xx

January 30, 2021 at 2:22 pm

You may already be aware . . . but you can still get and give covid after the vaccine. If you get it, it should be less serious. And your chance of being contagious to others is much less.

That said, you should still wear a mask and maintain social distance . . . EXCEPT for a few important (masked) hugs. 😀

January 30, 2021 at 4:39 pm

Thank you, I am aware and worry that some people see the vaccine as a cure all. I have friends planning on seeing family soon. One of my daughters was in tears this morning when I explained all that you say above to her. She had thought visits and hugs would now be ‘normal.’ Sadly not. I think masks and social distancing will be with us for some time, even years. Onward and upward to find three things for today’s blog! Love to you and stay safe. 🙂

3. Ark

January 30, 2021 at 9:58 am

Love the idea of giving away excess (presumably) fruit.
    Wouldn’t it be nice if the streets were lined with fruit trees one could simply pick from?

January 30, 2021 at 11:04 am

That’s a lovely idea. At the allotment, excess fruit and veg are sent to our food bank. We haven’t had excess, or indeed anything yet, but it’s good to know it will be used not become compost. 🙂

4. ladysighs

January 29, 2021 at 7:32 pm

Invited to take the vaccine! That made me laugh. Waiting for my invitation. It hasn’t even been printed yet. 🙁
    But seriously about that hugging. Please still take care.

January 29, 2021 at 9:02 pm

Don’t worry, we will still take care! xx