Sunset, Dylan Thomas and Earrings

14 May

Last night’s sunset was absolutely gorgeous! The crimson and golden glow crept across our sitting room so we went upstairs to capture the beauty of the setting sun sinking into the sea.

Today is International Dylan Thomas Day. I love the works of Dylan Thomas especially Under Milk Wood which I used to teach to GCSE students many years ago. I was brought up on this version on two long playing records with Richard Burton as the First Voice and here, for your delectation, is that wonderful voice with the inimitable words of Dylan Thomas.

Some time ago, I was offered the chance to have some earrings made, as a gift while in lockdown. The maker was unknown to me but here today, in the infrequent post, came a beautiful little pair of handmade silver and crystal earrings which I shall treasure. They are just 1″ long and very pretty. Thank you very much Karen.

Tags: , , ,

11 responses to “Sunset, Dylan Thomas and Earrings

1. dilipnaidu

May 18, 2020 at 7:26 am

Beautiful sunset well captured ☀️

May 15, 2020 at 2:30 pm

The sunsets have been lovely this week, but you are so lucky to see it drop into the sea from your house! Here it disappears behind a hill.

May 17, 2020 at 6:32 pm

They are like winter sunsets – probably because the nights are so cold at the moment. That was a beautiful view the other night. It isn’t often clear enough to see the sea at that time of the evening. 🙂

3. saymber

May 15, 2020 at 11:10 am

*waves from across the pond thanks for sharing yet more beauty.

4. makagutu

May 15, 2020 at 7:08 am

The earrings are gorgeous.
    That sunset is stunning

Liked by 2 people

May 17, 2020 at 6:33 pm

Both very beautiful. I am very lucky to have such loveliness in my life. 🙂

5. anotherday2paradise

May 14, 2020 at 9:09 pm

What a stunning sunset. Dylan Thomas was absolutely brilliant and I enjoyed hearing Richard Burton’s mesmerizing voice reading a good part of this, but now I have to cook dinner, so I’ll save the rest for another time. Love those dainty earrings. You’ll enjoy wearing them. 😍

May 17, 2020 at 6:34 pm

I will. I’ve worn them each day since they arrived. Glad you enjoyed the Dylan Thomas as much as I do. 🙂

6. Jan Barnard

May 14, 2020 at 7:28 pm

That sunset is stunning! What a fantastic veiw you have! Xx