Letter, Crocuses and Cake

15 Feb

The Guardian newspaper printed my letter this morning! There has been ongoing correspondence for the last month about marmalade making and I joined in!  Regular readers will know about my marmalade making every January.

From The Guardian 15/2/2020

Storm Ciara did a good job of flattening our Spring flowers. They were just beginning to perk up when Dennis arrived. The Crocuses and little Iris Reticulata have suffered the most. The Tete a Tete are still standing up.

The weather outside is frightful so we have stayed indoors, re-hung some more paintings after the decorating, curled up and read and, later, baked a Banana and Raisin Loaf.

8 Comments

Posted by on February 15, 2020 in baking, garden, nature, Photography, Postaday2020

Tags: ,

8 responses to “Letter, Crocuses and Cake

1. Sandra

February 16, 2020 at 10:21 am

Your marmalade making inspired me to make some with my mother when I was with my parents last month. She used to make it every year but dementia and more has prevented her from being able to do it now. Together though, we succeeded. And Mum loved it. She also remembered so much from when she was able to make it herself. And Dad is enjoying the eating! I am holding close special memories of that marmalade session. And who knows – maybe we’ll get to do it again next year!

2. john zande

February 15, 2020 at 11:58 pm

Hope you miss most of the storm, Sally.

February 16, 2020 at 9:44 am

Thank you. It has blown through in the night, wild and wakey but now there is just rain. Much worse further up the country.

3. Piglet in Portugal

February 15, 2020 at 7:42 pm

Your banana and raisin loaf looks delicious!

4. jpeggytaylor

February 15, 2020 at 7:23 pm

I was thinking of you and your marmalade when I saw the Guardian’s marmalade letters the other week! Marmalade certainly seemed to generate a lot of interest with readers. What a shame about the spring flowers – I do hope these storms soon give way to the real spring.

5. Kim Ridgeon

February 15, 2020 at 6:59 pm

Spotted the letter. Knew it would be you. God bless The Guardian and marmalade.