As a birthday treat for the lovely Mr S, we went to see a fabulous band, Falmouth Soul Sensation, who were playing a Benefit concert in aid of Cornwall Hugs Grenfell. This charity, formed by a Cornish resident after the Grenfell fire tragedy, gathers ‘one week’ pledges from holiday-home owners in Cornwall to give Grenfell survivors and bereaved families, as well as firefighters, the hope of a holiday. At least 500 people have been supported so far. Local businesses help too supplying ice creams or boat trips, free visits to attractions and cream teas. Those who couldn’t offer such things have paid towards the transport to bring families here. A lot of people have been made very happy by this offer of friendship and support from Cornish folk.
Search for beauty
- Seed Head, Posy and International Women’s Day
- A Lighthouse, Waves and A Tea Party
- Evening Glow, Village Green and Candles
- St Piran’s Day, Allotment and A Bit of Treasure
- Guest Artist, Celtic Cross and Mud Maid
- Raindrops, Love and LiveWires
- Special Messages, Friendship and Crocuses
- Mindful March, Camellia and Cake
- Allotment, Now and Then, and Supper
- Full Moon, Solar Lights and Books
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected. Please ask for permission before taking and give me credit, too. I'm sure you understand.
Top Posts & Pages
- 566,048 visits from all over the world - Thank you all
Live Traffic Stats