I loved my Thesaurus as I was growing up, given to me when I was, I think, nine years old and it stayed by my side for many years. In due course, it fell apart and I was given a shiny new copy. Today is Thesaurus Day which commemorates the birth of Peter Mark Roget, born on this day in 1779 and author of Roget’s Thesaurus. Here’s a poem to celebrate. It’s called ‘Roger’s Thesaurus’ and it is by Brian Bilston who published it on Twitter this morning.
Search for beauty
- Happiness, Sweet Corn and Geranium
- My Choirs Sang at The MInack!
- Blooms, Chips and Crazy Daisies
- Tomatoes, Butterfly and Potatoes
- Maya Angelou, Baking and Book Of Days
- Gold, Salad Leaves and Baby Blanket
- Magpie, Rose and Chart
- Roses, Red Car and An Exhibition
- Bullfinches, Sweet Peas and Golden Glow
- Almanac, Biscuits and Planter
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected. Please ask for permission before taking and give me credit, too. I'm sure you understand.
Top Posts & Pages
- 662,554 visits from all over the world - Thank you all
Live Traffic Stats
Beautiful thingsaction for happiness Bloggers 4 Peace Bloggers for Peace Claire Ingleheart cornwall food knitting love NaBloPoMo nature photography plants Postaday postaday2012 postaday 2013 postaday2013 postaday2016 postaday2017 Sally-boots Senegal singing sunset The Ingleheart Singers The Suitcase Singers Truro Cathedral