I loved my Thesaurus as I was growing up, given to me when I was, I think, nine years old and it stayed by my side for many years. In due course, it fell apart and I was given a shiny new copy. Today is Thesaurus Day which commemorates the birth of Peter Mark Roget, born on this day in 1779 and author of Roget’s Thesaurus. Here’s a poem to celebrate. It’s called ‘Roger’s Thesaurus’ and it is by Brian Bilston who published it on Twitter this morning.
Search for beauty
- Full Moon, Solar Lights and Books
- Planter, Camellia and Fish’n’Chips
- New Border, Reflection and Cake
- Baby Beanies, Ice Patterns and Seeds
- Cherry Blossom, Primroses and A Feather (edited – Almond Tree)
- Reptile Ridge, Ladybird and Crocuses
- Planting, Cones and Last Daffodil
- Eccles Cakes, Cats and Daffodils
- Wind, Rain and Rainbow Glass
- Weeding, Primroses and Kokopelli
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected. Please ask for permission before taking and give me credit, too. I'm sure you understand.
Top Posts & Pages
- 564,156 visits from all over the world - Thank you all
Live Traffic Stats