Central Reservation, Sky Kiss and A Petal

05 Jul

Our drive into Truro this morning was such a treat – a couple of miles of central reservation planted with wild flowers – red and white, yellow and green – so lovely that I smiled all the way!  Photos taken from a moving car – not by the driver.

It amuses me when vapour trails cross in the sky leaving an enormous sky kiss for everyone below.

The petals that fall from the poppies in the garden retain their beauty for a couple of days.

Tags:

8 responses to “Central Reservation, Sky Kiss and A Petal

July 6, 2019 at 5:31 pm

Lovely! I’ve never heard the term “central reservation” before. Over here, it’s called the “median.”

July 5, 2019 at 8:10 pm

How lovely so many poppies on the road side! Looks great!

July 6, 2019 at 5:58 am

Very pleased about this thoughtful planting. Must be good for the bees and it certainly pleases the drivers. 🙂

July 5, 2019 at 7:48 pm

The poppies are a delight. I have been visiting Truro this week as my son has been in the hospital and seeing the central reservation has been a delight. The planting at the park and ride is rather lovely too. Be nice when it matures and the PnR is such a convenient way to go into the city.

July 6, 2019 at 5:57 am

Oh, I hope your son recovers soon. The Poppies must brighten your day. Do you know what the yellow ones are – mustard perhaps? 🙂

• Heyjude

July 6, 2019 at 12:30 pm

I thought the yellow was simply rapeseed blown in from the fields, it seems to be all over the verges down here. I did notice some orange Californian poppies as well.

July 6, 2019 at 6:40 pm

That was my first thought too but then I was told it was mustard but I’m thinking you are right as I’ve also seen it in hedgerows all over the place:)