Lupin Leaf, Ramsons and Bluebells

02 Apr

We went shopping today – for plants! I found a purple Vinca for the Suffragette garden and we bought a small and very charming tree.  I’ll show you when they are planted.  Raindrops had collected in the Lupin leaves at the garden centre.

In a Lupin leaf

Lovers’ Lane is awash with wild garlic both the Three Cornered Leek, Alium Triquetrum and Ramsons, Allium Ursinum.

Ramsons

The Bluebells are coming into flower too, like many other flowers, rather early in the season.

Bluebells in the hedge

Tags: , , ,

7 responses to “Lupin Leaf, Ramsons and Bluebells

1. Judith Butler

April 3, 2019 at 5:48 pm

Hi there
    A neighbour of mine is growing lupins and I noticed all the rain collected in the leaves today!

April 3, 2019 at 7:15 pm

Hooray! They are beautiful aren’t they? I sold another glass piece today, with a precious piece of your sea glass in it. I have put it on today’s blog as I couldn’t find a way to add a photo to a comment. 🙂

April 3, 2019 at 1:06 pm

Funnily we don’t seem to get ransoms down here. Plenty of the three cornered leeks though, including in my garden! Do you ever use them in cooking?

April 3, 2019 at 2:47 pm

I’ve always thought the Three Cornered Leek to fussy to pick but having found the Ransoms with their much wider leaves just down the lane, I shall. 🙂

3. Sandra

April 3, 2019 at 11:28 am

Your ramsons are further on than ours. And I hadn’t realised that the three-cornered leek was the same family. Obvious now I think about it! Lovely blog, a practice I also adopted some time ago but something I’ve kept apart from my own blog. Maybe I should reconsider 🙂

4. greenbenchramblings

April 3, 2019 at 2:06 am

What a lovely pattern made by the rain drop on the Lupin leaf

5. usathroughoureyes

April 2, 2019 at 11:36 pm

Beautiful photo’s especially of the water droplet in the Vinca.