Six on Saturday – Not My Garden No 2

02 Feb

We went to the Eden Project again on Thursday (and got snowed in. To read that story, look back at Thursday’s blog!) Although we were there only a few weeks ago, there were so many new blooms to see. Sadly, I don’t know the names of all the beauties we saw so if anyone would like to help, I would love to know. The first 5 were in the Rainforest Biome, the last in the temperate Mediterranean Biome.

Ginger Lily?

Waterfall

?

Flame pea, Katy. Choizema cordatum Fabaceae.In the Mediterranean Biome

It is the most remarkable place to visit and we are very lucky that we are only an hour or so away.

For other Six on Saturday posts, have a look at the comments on The Propagator’s blog. He’s the chap that started this fun group going.

Tags: ,

16 responses to “Six on Saturday – Not My Garden No 2

1. Piglet in Portugal

February 3, 2019 at 9:41 pm

I’ve always wanted to go to the Eden project. Maybe I should try and visit when we are there March/APril. He looks amazing!

February 4, 2019 at 10:00 am

It is a fabulous way to spend a day but save up! It’s quite expensive -£27.50 per adult so get there as early as you can to benefit from everything on offer! 🙂

February 3, 2019 at 6:47 pm

It really is similar to my beloved Kew. Probably we can make it in April time to come down to see it!

3. Bernice

February 3, 2019 at 2:04 am

Beautiful pictures. Looks like a lovely time.

4. janesmudgeegarden

February 3, 2019 at 12:51 am

Lovely to see those photos of tropical flowers. Goodness, it is certainly expensive to enter a biome. It would be prohibitive for us when changed into Aussie dollars.

February 3, 2019 at 8:10 am

It’s to enter the whole site which is two fabulous biomes, all the outside gardens and the Core building which has exhibitions in. I agree it’s expensive and you need to spend the whole day there. It’s a real shame that it costs so much.

5. March Picker

February 2, 2019 at 6:03 pm

You are so smart to visit a biome in mid-winter! Such color and beauty.

February 2, 2019 at 5:47 pm

The biomes are a good place to visit during the winter months, a shame that it is so expensive though I suppose you have a local’s pass? I had one last year, but this year I have one for Heligan so about time I got myself over there!

February 2, 2019 at 6:03 pm

Yes, we worry about that every time we go! It’s £71 for a family of four or £72 to become a Member and visit whenever you like or as you mention, The Local’s Pass for £50 for a family and you can visit whenever. 🙂

• Heyjude

February 2, 2019 at 6:49 pm

For a family that is a lot of money for a day out, especially as you have to add extras like food and drink and petrol.

7. ksbeth