Glass Class, Stars and Ivy

15 Dec

I am so enjoying my Glass workshops with Lisa Macfarlane! Today I went for something without a template and created a design that I am delighted with. Here are the pieces with their copper foil, awaiting the solder Β and tomorrow, when I can photograph it against the light, I’ll show you the finished hanging piece.

Beautiful pieces

Other people made some lovely decorations too. Click on the image to see the whole.

Outside, on the wall of the car park, the multi-coloured Ivy caught my attention. It’s a bit fuzzy as I took the photo through the windscreen.

Ivy

Tags: ,

12 responses to “Glass Class, Stars and Ivy

1. Piglet in Portugal

December 17, 2018 at 5:47 pm

the tree decorations are pretty. I think, from having dabbled in just one decoration (a dragonfly) the leadwork is harder than it looks.

December 17, 2018 at 6:04 pm

This is copper foil and solder and is getting easier the more that I do. I’m looking forward to doing more and more! πŸ™‚

2. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin

December 16, 2018 at 12:44 pm

evidently you have been under the weather…hope you are feeling better…love the stars and tree ornaments…what a funk I have been in…maybe back…hope so…

December 16, 2018 at 12:57 pm

Thank you, I have but recovery is slowly happening. Hope you too are slowly getting your mojo back. I think of you often and hope your lovely memories of Bobby are helping you through. With much love, Sally xx

3. Anne

December 15, 2018 at 11:26 pm

Glad you’re out and about again, Sally.. xx

December 16, 2018 at 8:12 am

Me too! No singing voice yet but feeling much more normal! Hope to see you on Thursday. πŸ™‚

4. Janae Johnson

December 15, 2018 at 8:26 pm

Beautiful β™₯️

5. Hil

December 15, 2018 at 8:21 pm

Just stunning….I love them.

December 15, 2018 at 10:39 pm

I am loving learning this new skill. It seems quite easy to produce something lovely using the beautifully coloured glass. πŸ™‚

• commonprose

December 21, 2018 at 5:50 pm

Glad you have fallen into this new art habit. Glad, too, that you are on the mend. Maladies of that kind can take a long time to recover from fully. xoxox