Singing, A Bird and A Horse at Sunset

08 Nov

After singing in the hall for Cornwall this morning we did half an hour busking outside  and enjoyed the apricity (another lovely word recently learned and meaning the warmth of the sun in winter.) The sculpture in the background is The Naked Drummer, a bronze sculpture by Tim Shaw which was unveiled in 2011 by Queen drummer Roger Taylor, who was educated at Truro School.

The Ingleheart Singers with The Suitcase Singers on Lemon Quay

Which Bird?

A sunset walk on the cliff tops above Wheal Coates this evening brought beautiful golden light and a horse and rider galloping by.

Wheal Coates

Galloping by

Tags: , ,

10 responses to “Singing, A Bird and A Horse at Sunset

1. calvin

November 11, 2017 at 5:27 am

Answer: Singing, A Bird and A Horse at Sunset. (now hums the theme from the American game show Jeopardy) Question; what puts a smile on your face?

An to think a horse and rider just happened by at sunset. A great picture of serendipity and the magic of it all. Good shtufffs!

2. Arkenaten

November 9, 2017 at 12:55 pm

Lovely photos. The shot of the rider, especially.

November 9, 2017 at 1:23 pm

I was chuffed with that photo of the rider. She went past so quickly I wasn’t sure it would have worked but it did! 🙂

November 9, 2017 at 6:53 am

Amazing pictures Sally. Those mine ruins make a wonderful image. I do like the apricity so much too, always. Nice word. 🙂

November 9, 2017 at 1:24 pm

Thank you. The mine ruins are all very photogenic especially at sunset. I was pleased with how they worked out.

4. Ian

November 8, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Sorry Sally but Roger Tay.or was born in Norfolk in 1949 and moved to truro with his family when he was seven I believe. He was at truro cathedral School until he was 13 and the transferred to truro School……..x

November 8, 2017 at 10:31 pm

Thank you! When I copied that from a site about the drummer, I was thinking, well I know Roger went to school here. He was at Truro School with my brother but not born here. I shall edit the post. 🙂

5. Shelagh Smith

November 8, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Your bird is a Stonechat. Lots of them up around Polly Joke.