A Wedding -The Cake, Singing and The View

30 Sep

The Suitcase Singers, with whom I sing every week in Penryn, were invited to sing at a wonderful Wedding today. Our singing was all a surprise for the Bride! It was a fabulous occasion and greatly appreciated which was lovely.

Their Wedding Cake was a wonder to behold – a cake made of cheese!

Cheese cake for the wedding

Waiting to sing for the Bride. Thanks to Anne for the photo.

The rain fell but it marred nothing. The view is still lovely even in Cornish rain.

The view from The Ferryboat Inn across The Helford River

Tags: , ,

7 responses to “A Wedding -The Cake, Singing and The View

October 1, 2017 at 1:47 pm

What a great idea, a cheese cake…. and traditional as I can read. Brilliant.

October 1, 2017 at 2:55 am

That’s the first cheese cake wedding cake I’ve ever seen. Did they serve it for dessert?

October 1, 2017 at 7:20 am

We left after singing for them and before their meal was served so I don’t know but would guess so. If I had been there I would have enjoyed cheeses much more than cake! 🙂

3. Arkenaten

September 30, 2017 at 9:53 pm

A cheese wedding cake! What a marvelous idea!

September 30, 2017 at 10:06 pm

I agree! Loved the whole idea and it was so beautifully presented. 🙂

• Arkenaten

September 30, 2017 at 10:09 pm

I spoke to my daughter just now and she says cheese wheels were at one time the traditional wedding cake. She also told me that there is no exact history that she is aware of when cake began to be prepared.
        As a cheese lover this would have been my dream wedding cake, I can tell you now!

September 30, 2017 at 10:14 pm

It would have been mine too had I known about it! Interesting that it is a traditional ‘cake’. Please thank your daughter for that fascinating fact. 🙂