Family History, An Award and A Note

08 Nov

I have so much stuff to sort! In a long unpacked box today I discovered some forgotten family treasures, one relating to my maternal Grandfather and the other to my Dad.

My Grandfather, Rev. W Richards, won a Championship of some sort and was given the following beautiful little piece with the Preston Coat of Arms enamelled on one side and P.T.C.L. on the back with the date 1928. If anyone knows what the letters stand for, I would love to know.

What a thoughtful teacher wrote this little note for my Dad to take home from Primary School.It was written when Dad was ten years old before he moved on to Manchester Grammar School. In another ten years it will qualify as an antique!

12 Comments

Posted by on November 8, 2016 in awards, Beauty, family history, Kindness

Tags: , , , , ,

12 responses to “Family History, An Award and A Note

1. commonprose

November 9, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Delightful treasures! Nice to confirm that David stood out all the way back to his boyhood.

2. saymber

November 9, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Sally I was lead here: http://imgarcade.com/1/lamb-of-god-symbol/ when I typed in search of” Symbols for P.P with lamb”. May be this can help you decipher the mystery for you? The letter is beautiful! So encouraging! Love to you my friend.

November 9, 2016 at 4:58 pm

Thank you. I have been given a couple of leads to follow and will add yours. I will let you know if/when I find out. Love to you too. 🙂

3. Sand Salt Moon

November 9, 2016 at 12:35 pm

What fantastic finds, thanks for sharing. I particularly enjoyed the letter, too.

November 9, 2016 at 6:56 am

What a wonderful find Sally, keep it save, frame it, that is precious.

November 9, 2016 at 7:02 am

I hadn’t thought of framing it. Thank you, that is a really good idea. Then it won’t get lost. Thank you! 🙂

• utesmile

November 9, 2016 at 7:13 am

Exactly and it keeps straight and can’t tear. It i so wonderful to find things like that!

November 9, 2016 at 8:20 am

It has been folded in an envelope all this time and is beginning to tear so the sooner i get it framed the better. Isn’t it lovely and his teacher would have been so proud that he turned out so well becoming an author among other things. 🙂

Liked by 2 people

• utesmile

November 9, 2016 at 12:43 pm

Absolutely and you can be proud too.

5. arlene

November 9, 2016 at 1:02 am

What lovely tokens you found Sally.

6. Don