Story Books, Coffee Pot and Raindrops

11 Nov

You may have gathered that my parents were auction aficionados – I have mentioned a number of their bargain buys before. These books came in a job lot and became mine and I just loved them. I think some of my love of Egypt came from reading these stories and some from my visits to the Truro Museum.

Myths and Legends

Myths and Legends

Our first foreign holiday with our children, teenagers all, was to Egypt and there we bought this lovely plate and coffee pot and six tiny coffee cups.

Tray and coffee pot from Egypt

Tray and coffee pot from Egypt

Raindrops

Raindrops

10 Comments

Posted by on November 11, 2015 in books, nature, photography, Postaday 2015

Tags: ,

10 responses to “Story Books, Coffee Pot and Raindrops

1. grandfathersky

November 12, 2015 at 1:58 am

Just looking at the book covers one can see the treasures in them …

November 12, 2015 at 12:05 am

That’s a great looking set of books. Auctions are fun like that ~ especially in lots.

November 12, 2015 at 6:31 am

I think I should start going to some auctions! Mum and Dad used to buy books by the yard and never knew what they would find. We have some real treasures from those days. 🙂

3. Charlie@Seattle Trekker

November 11, 2015 at 9:25 pm

I do love possessions that tell stories about the families that owned them…Very interesting post,

November 11, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Very glad you liked it.It is always good to read your comments. I like recalling things too about my family history. 🙂

4. john zande

November 11, 2015 at 7:05 pm

“Myths of Babylonia and Assyria” should have the subtitle: Source Material for Torah 😉

5. Minuscule Moments

November 11, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Those books look amazing and would be a nice to have on the book shelf. The Egyptian souvenirs also something that would catch my eye in the market bizarre’s. I bought home those wonderful perfume bottles from Egypt. I remember my friend accidentally dropped one in the shop and I could see the man’s face grin from ear to ear because she felt so bad she bought up big that day. So many wonderful memories of my travels surfaced today. Thank you.
    Kath

November 11, 2015 at 10:24 pm

What a delightful story! I am really glad that my post set off lovely trains of thought for you. 🙂