Singing, The Penryn River and KniTZTanzania

15 Oct

It was another fabulous session at choir today, as always enhanced by our beautiful Choir-babies.

Big brother with six week old baby brother and Mum

Big brother with six week old baby brother and Mum

The weather was again crisp and bright and I just managed to get these photos before the tide went out too far.

Still waters

Still waters

Reflection in the Penryn River

Reflection in the Penryn River

One of my choir friends has been knitting for KniTZTanzania as well and brought three beautiful sets to choir to be posted along with mine today. They have gone in the post this afternoon, 11 sets all bagged up with a message of love on each bag along with the name of the knitter – that’s Jen, Pauline, Ti and me.  It is lovely to think that our little outfits will be protecting babies in Tanzania from hypothermia.

Three sets made by Pauline

Three sets made by Pauline

All bagged up and ready to go.

All bagged up and ready to go.

Tags: , ,

13 responses to “Singing, The Penryn River and KniTZTanzania

1. niasunset

October 16, 2015 at 8:36 am

You are so nice people dear Sally, what a beautiful gift for them. I loved these knittings. How can I find their patterns of Pauline’s set? Thank you, love, nia

October 16, 2015 at 8:53 am

Hello Dear Nia, thank you for your lovely comments. You can find the pattern on my Creative Projects page on the top line menu. Are you going to knit too? There is an address for knitters in the US to send to on that page and I have the UK address.
      With love to you, Sally

• niasunset

October 16, 2015 at 8:54 am

Thank you dear Sally, I want to knit too. But I have to learn it. Love, nia

October 16, 2015 at 8:55 am

How lovely! This is quite an easy pattern for a beginner. If you do start, write again and I will give you some tips to help with this one.
          Love, Sally

• niasunset

October 16, 2015 at 9:01 am

Dear Sally, I know how to knit jumper for baby. I want to learn this newborn cocoon, I think Pauline did them, isn’t it? It seems to me so different, do you know its pattern ? Thank you, when I make I will share with you of course. Love, nia

October 16, 2015 at 9:29 am

Yes, Pauline did make those three and some other friends and I made the others. We are all using the same pattern. They just look so different in all the different yarns! ! will post some pictures of them and update the page.
            Love, Sally

• niasunset

October 16, 2015 at 9:30 am

Thank you so much dear Sally, Love, nia

October 16, 2015 at 10:32 am

I have put up the pattern again with photos. If you hover over Creative Projects you will see Baby Sweater and Beanie Hat. Click on that and hey presto! The pattern and the photos!
            Love, Sally 🙂

• niasunset

October 16, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Thank you dear Sally I want to try this, soon I will be a grandmother 🙂 Love, nia

October 16, 2015 at 3:09 pm

You don’t look old enough! Congratulations! The Sally-boots are another lovely knit that is on here too. I make them for all the new babies I know!
            Love, Sally

• niasunset

October 16, 2015 at 3:52 pm

You are so nice 🙂 Thank you, yes I saw them all, when I make (I hope I can) I will share with you dear Sally. Have a nice weekend, love, nia

2. calvin

October 16, 2015 at 1:10 am

In these pictures if one reads it right, I see a young family smile, the force of nature and benevolence. Hop, skip and jump into all things good and kind.