Pretty Boxes, Peace and Potato Salad

27 May

1   We were in the shop buying some French Bean plants at Kehelland when I noticed these beautiful little boxes. The top row looks like four delicious fondant fancies! I didn’t buy one and I’m sorry now!

Jewelled boxes

Jewelled boxes

2   There was also this delightful bowl made out of wire and the word PEACE over and over again. I loved it but we don’t need a fruit bowl either!

Fruit bowl

Fruit bowl

3   Tonight I made our first  Potato Salad of the season. I always make the version made for us in America on our first visit 30 odd years ago. I used eggs from the chickens of our lovely friends, N&G, hence the glorious golden colour of the salad.

Patti's Potato Salad

Patti’s Potato Salad

Tags: ,

12 responses to “Pretty Boxes, Peace and Potato Salad

1. Bernice

June 7, 2015 at 7:54 pm

I love all the little boxes and the potato salad looks awesome!

2. Alex Autin

May 28, 2015 at 1:03 pm

The boxes and bowl are beautiful reminds that we don’t have to own things to appreciate and admire them. That potato salad, however, I must have! Now! 😀

May 28, 2015 at 1:21 pm

You are so right ut I do like the idea of hanging the peace bowl on the wall! Did you know about Towel Day? I only just read about it.:)

3. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin

May 28, 2015 at 2:43 am

The PEACE basket would be lovely hung on a wall…I look at things in different ways…as you could tell if you visited my home…

4. lovetotrav

May 27, 2015 at 8:21 pm

What a glorious day you had. I have a few of those pretty boxes and I have always loved them. They are usually from India. The colours just grab my attention.

5. jo(e)

May 27, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Okay, now I’m hungry for potato salad!