Natural Beauty, Snuggles and Hugs

28 Dec

1   Waiting outside the Dr’s for Mr S, I wandered around with my camera and found three beautiful things!

Lichen and moss on copper coloured bark

Lichen and moss on copper coloured bark

Weather-beaten buttercup

Weather-beaten buttercup

Cornish Snail

Cornish Snail

2    J sitting snuggled up on my knee watching The Snowman and The Snowdog while his Mum and Dad packed up the car to leave.

3    Big Goodbye hugs and tears.  All eight have left on the same day and the house is far too quiet………

Tags: , , , , , , ,

16 responses to “Natural Beauty, Snuggles and Hugs

1. Hudson Howl

December 30, 2012 at 3:12 am

What’s not to Lichen about the first picture (sorry am feeling punny of late – blame it on Christmas). Lichen and moss has always intrigued me. I look for it wherever I walk, wherever I travel.

I say, when their out packing the car, raise the draw bridge, bar the doors and scream “your not taking the grandchild”. I am sure they’ll unpack the care, move in and live with you forever. Wait, maybe their is flaw to my thinking. Any way, yes saying good bye is never easy but we all have done it ourselves to our own parents.

2. Kathleen Richardson

December 29, 2012 at 1:38 am

My (40-year old) baby leaves tomorrow. Daughter and the grands leave in this area, so at least part of my family is here. Glad you had time with family. Love the colors on the snail.

December 29, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I loved the colours on that little snail too. You are lucky to have family nearby – ours are so spread out! However, the newest Grandbaby, due in April, will be only 1 and a 1/2 hours away! The others are in London and Senegal, soon to be in Barcelona which will be easier to get to!
      They are still our babies aren’t they, even in their 30’s and 40’s! I remember my Dad saying something of the sort when I was in my 50’s so it never goes away – and in fact, who would want it to? xx

3. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin

December 29, 2012 at 12:06 am

There’s always a let down period after the Holidays… we have already started taking down some of the decorations… bittersweet… Preparing is always the best for me!…

4. thenicethingaboutstrangers

December 28, 2012 at 10:54 pm

I love the lichen! It looks like a vegetable that I would forget to eat, even if it looks fascinating. 🙂

December 29, 2012 at 11:56 am

Gorgeous isn’t it? Like mini cabbage leaves 🙂

• thenicethingaboutstrangers

December 29, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Mmm, sauerkraut in mere months! 🙂 Wonderful photographs and finds. I like how you see these details.

5. underestimatedtalent

December 28, 2012 at 9:31 pm

I like you pictures^^

December 29, 2012 at 11:55 am

Thank you very much! Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. 🙂

6. ApplePieAndNapalm

December 28, 2012 at 8:02 pm

As always, a perfect post and photos to accompany it. I’m sorry everyone has left already, but I know you’re counting down until April.

December 28, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Thank you.I’ve just read your post too about being glad to have your peace and quiet back and I know I will appreciate that too – and not having to use the baby gates all the time too! Free movement around the house is good! 🙂

7. tartanpants

December 28, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Wow, that snail picture is terrific! These family goodbyes are horrible, aren’t they, but it is amazing how quickly the next visit comes around xx

December 28, 2012 at 7:18 pm

We hope it won’t be too long! And the new baby is sue in April so that is certainly something to look forward to 🙂

8. Hil

December 28, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Feel exactly the same Sally xx.

December 28, 2012 at 7:16 pm

And Mr S is still in bed and feeling awful so I’m not quite my usual sunny self this evening xx Thanks for your understanding 🙂

• mixedupmeme

December 29, 2012 at 12:08 am

I think you have probably spread more than your share of sunshine. Sit down and rest.

Your beautiful things will still be there tomorrow. 🙂