Waves, Shopping and Some Jam

06 Nov

After a disheartening visit to the orthopaedic surgeon this morning we went to Godrevy to blow away disappointment and cobwebs. It was wild but had the right effect. There is an M&S near Godrevy and we called in to buy some cheer-up treats and some Prosecco to toast the President Elect as soon as we know for sure that Biden has, indeed, won. Underneath the magazine is a Duck dinner which we have just enjoyed. The Prosecco is still waiting as I write.

The lovely Mr S was delighted to find the Rolling Stones tongue jamming out of his doughnut this afternoon.

If you have read this far and are interested, the disheartening visit was being told that I have reached the limit of corticosteroid injections in my ankles and the next thing to do is to fuse one of them. This came out of the blue. I had thought I could have more injections as necessary. It’s a keyhole op and only 2 days in hospital but that is the last place I want to be for obvious reasons. Also, the recovery is a long one, 2 weeks in plaster with no moving around, 6-12 in a boot with ย limited movement and up to a year before I feel it’s a success. That I found depressing but being down is not in my character and I will bounce back. ย Thank you for reading on.

20 Comments

Posted by on November 6, 2020 in Uncategorized

20 responses to “Waves, Shopping and Some Jam

November 8, 2020 at 9:07 pm

Good for you . . . toss the bad news and toast the good!

Good luck with the ankle situation, whatever you decide.

2. commonprose

November 8, 2020 at 4:49 pm

So sorry about your orthopaedic disappointment, Sally. Until I read the last paragraph, I thought it might have been about the knee of the lovely Mr. S. Keep us posted on your decision. Meanwhile, you have the beautiful ocean and delicious foods. Consider yourself hugged.

November 8, 2020 at 5:29 pm

Thank you for the hugs – greatly appreciated. It’s a bit of a downer but it won’t keep me down too long! I’m just hoping that an injection I am due to have in my hip next week, 4th I think, won’t be refused at the last minute or that I am told it will be the last. Now that would, literally, be a pain! I will keep you posted. ๐Ÿ™‚

November 8, 2020 at 2:33 pm

Dear Sally, I wish that you won’t need this for your ankle and it might just heal itself… with your positive attitude it might be. Pray for that. All the very best. ( somehow my comment I typed yesterday didn’t make to the blog)

November 8, 2020 at 5:27 pm

Thank you, Ute. I am hoping I can hold out for a really long time. I have bounced back from the disappointment and am keeping busy as always. ๐Ÿ™‚

November 7, 2020 at 12:24 pm

Sorry to hear about the ankle. I suppose you have to weigh up what is better, to live with the pain (I assume you are in pain with it) or to risk the surgery. 12 weeks with limited movement is a long time, but winter is probably the best time, though whether you would get it done now is debatable. Also there is no guarantee it will be any better long-term. Tough decision. Meanwhile, keep your pecker up!

November 8, 2020 at 5:25 pm

Yes, that’s it, weigh it all up and there is no guarantee at the end of it. That was made very clear. At the moment the pain is sporadic and by keeping busy I can distract myself pretty well. I can still walk, on tiptoe going uphill! but I don’t let it stop me, yet. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. artfulcrone

November 7, 2020 at 11:54 am

Sending healing thoughts to you.
    And hoping you’ll have reason to open that bottle very soon!

November 8, 2020 at 5:22 pm

Thank you – and we opened it last night and toasted at a great distance with our lovely neighbour. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. fruitcrmble

November 7, 2020 at 2:52 am

i’m so sorry. Chronic health problems can be so draining in many ways. I truly admire ability to stay positive. sending hugs

November 8, 2020 at 5:21 pm

Thank you for your kind comments. Pain is a pest but mostly I stay on top of it, keeping very busy and looking for the beauty all around us. Hugs to you too, ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Mama Cormier

November 6, 2020 at 10:08 pm

Love the tongue oozing out of the doughnut. We’re on the edge of our seats hoping that Joe Biden is the next president in the U.S.. While everyone is watching the numbers in the election, the numbers of COVID cases continue to rise everywhere but especially in the States. Trump’s theory is if you don’t report it, it will just go away. Ha!

November 8, 2020 at 5:20 pm

Having been on tenterhooks for days we can now relax a little but I have to confess to feeling concerned about what T might choose to do in the 10 weeks he has left. Biden is already setting up a working party to look at how to deal with the C19 virus. All the best to you, stay safe. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. backstagestives

November 6, 2020 at 9:28 pm

oh, I haven’t caught up with your blog for a long time and I’m so sorry to hear you have to have this ankle thing done, and imagine it must be a huge shock, that you have to have more surgery and post op recovery is so long. Being down is def not in your character and you do so much to bring joy to so many people, including me, through your blog especially in such challenging times, I am sure you will bounce back, and all our moods will be better when we know for sure that Trump is gone…..but be easy on yourself, maybe you do’t have to bounce back immediately x

November 8, 2020 at 5:17 pm

What a lovely comment to read, thank you very much – and now, as I write, we know that Biden and Harris have won!! Delight all round, lessening any other problems!
      Thank you for the last comment too, good advice that I will need to remember if/when I do have an op. I have to decide when will be best….. ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Margaret Johnson

November 6, 2020 at 9:12 pm

So sorry to hear this Sally. Sending love. xx

November 8, 2020 at 5:15 pm

Thank you very much. I will not let it get me down! I am already bouncing back! ๐Ÿ™‚

November 6, 2020 at 8:32 pm

I can imagine Sally you needed Godrevy after that. A great place tp blow away what is on your mind and just live for the moment. I wish and pray that you might not need to go down that road and it will not get worse. Big hugs xx

November 8, 2020 at 5:38 pm

I just found this in the spam folder, I can’t imagine why.
      Yes, Godrevy is a very good place to blow away tears and disappointment. Thank you for your love and your hugs. Hugs back to you. ๐Ÿ™‚

• utesmile

November 9, 2020 at 6:46 pm

Funny, I thought I had posted one and then couldn’t find it. Great, I am not going senile …. just yet.. hehe